Chapter 37

Qi Xiao Yan made a dish of mapo tofu, a braised loofah, a wood ear fungus fried with meat, and a bowl of seaweed egg soup. They were all common household dishes, but thanks to the chef, they were full of colour, smell and taste, and Yang Wei cleaned out the dish of mapo tofu all by herself.

She felt like this was the real benefit of the divorce. Getting Professor Qi to cook prior to that had required a battle of wits.

Nibbling on a piece of loofah, she suddenly asked, "How many digits of pi can you remember?"

Qi Xiao Yan paused. "I haven't tried, but the world record is 67,890."

Yang Wei choked on her loofah. "Over 60,000... Can you do it?"

"Possibly, if I really wanted to."

Yang Wei: "..."

What was your brain structured like? Did it ever feel too crowded with so many numbers inside?

Picking up her phone from the coffee table, she tapped on the screen, "Well then, I've got a song for you."

An electronic female voice rang out inside the room. "3.141592654..."

Qi Xiao Yan raised his eyebrows. "What song is this?"

"An ode to pi?"

"The lyrics are great. The singing isn't."

Yang Wei: "..."

She turned off the music and bowed her head silently to eat.

Since Qi Xiao Yan had cooked this time, the washing fell to Yang Wei’s head. Qi Xiao Yan glanced at the time, then headed to the kitchen and told her, "I have an evening class, so I'll head out."

"Un." Yang Wei looked back at him. An evening class? What class?

She turned back and continued washing dishes. By the time she finished cleaning the kitchen, it was almost 7:30, and she promptly logged into the teaching software to start her class.

"Before we begin, I have a few announcements to make. Next class is on Labour Day, and our class time will remain unchanged. Anyone who can't come can ask for leave in advance, then do a make up with the video. There will also be a graduation design to be made after May 1st. I will be announcing the theme for that in advance on Saturday so that you can prepare beforehand.”

Future Mr. Perfect: How time flies, I'm graduated already qwq

Cocoa: Teacher, can I really graduate even when I draw so badly? t^t

Nine Nine Eight: I won't be able to hear Teacher Flower Buns' soft voice anymore after graduation. How lonely...

Qi Qi's Meow: You can sign up for another to listen~

Li Gou Dan: :)

"Graduation works should be well painted and finished. Don't just give me a single figure, but make sure to add light and shadow effects." Yang Wei said, frowning slightly. Her mind was elsewhere. Why hadn't her period come yet? It was almost ten days late.

She opened half of the paintings from the last class and put it to the back of her mind. "In this class, we will continue drawing a church."

That lesson was used up on demonstration, and she managed to complete the church before the class was over. As soon as she quit, she spotted an avatar in the lower right corner flashing.

Calabash Twins: Wei Wei'er, Xia Ying resigned! She's coming back to A City.

Yang Wei was stunned. Xia Ying was their college classmate who had headed alone to D City after graduation. Jian Shuang had been saying that Xia Ying’s salary there was excellent, so she might stay there; why had she suddenly come running back?