Hatching Day

This story is in almost all of my stories that are WoF related. So, yeah. 

Peril's POV

Peril was pacing her sleeping cave angrily. She was not happy, she was so unhappy that she doesn't even care that she might accidentally burn some of the students. Today is the worst day EVER, Peril thought angrily. Today was supposed to be Peril's best day ever, today was her Hatching Day! Not that anyone cares, even if she was turning 12 years old. Literally, nobody cared. Not even Clay! Which was saying a lot because Clay always cared about everybody's hatching day. Even random stranger's hatching day! But obviously Clay didn't know it was Peril's hatching day because Peril didn't tell him. Why would she? Even if she told him and he threw a party for her, nobody would want to come. Only Turtle, Clay, Kinkajou, Sunny, and maybe Moonwatcher. But that would be it. Nobody else.

In the Sky Kingdom, Scarlet would celebrate Peril's Hatching Day by making her kill a random prisoner in front of Scarlet in a brutally way. Of course Scarlet also didn't care about Peril's Hatching Day any more than the other SkyWings. This is one of the reasons why Peril felt terrible and alone. But she never allowed anyone to know when her Hatching Day was again. Peril looked out of her sleeping cave and peered into the hallway. Today Peril was becoming a full grown SkyWing. She could tell because her teeth weren't as sparkly as they were when she was 7 and her wings were huge. Peril stalked the hallway and walked to the Prey Centre, at least she could celebrate her Hatching Day by talking to Clay.

But when she got there she only saw two SeaWings eating fish in the far left corner. Peril huffed a puff of smoke and walked out of the cave angrily. Great! Another thing to add on my this-is-a-terrible-day-list, Peril thought. Then she bumped into someone, "Agh!" Peril exclaimed. "Will you watch it!" Peril yelled angrily. Then it hit her, if she bumped into someone then that dragon could burn to death. Then Clay wouldn't like her anymore.

"Woah, what's wrong?" said the dragon. Peril was happy that the dragon didn't burn to death, but she was still annoyed that the dragon disturbed her thinking.

"Nothing now get out of my face," Peril spat. The dragon didn't speak, that was when Peril took her chance to peak down. Then immediately wished she hadn't. Laying down on the floor was Clay. Peril gasped and realised what she said to him. Clay looked hurt and sad as he picked himself up.

"Oh My Moons, I'm so sorry," apologised Peril. She backed away from Clay, what did I do? I just insulted Clay! What is he going to do? Is he going to kick me out? Oh I hope he does, I don't want to be a problem. Peril looked at Clay's eyes and saw that he already forgiven her but he was still disturbed.

"Peril, I forgive you," Clay forgave. "But why are you so angry?" Clay asked baffled. Peril looked around to make sure nobody was watching but unfortunately, many dragonets were here. So, Peril had to make a lie.

"I-I-I have a-a-a," Peril trailed off. COME ON PERIL! THINK! Peril opened her mouth slowly and said, "headache." Clay raised his eye ridges and sat down with his forearms crossed. Clay motioned for her to sit. "I-It's really bad." Clay gave her a stare that said 'you aren't getting out of this that easily.'

"You're lying to me," Clay observed. "Tell me what the real problem is." Peril sighed. If she was going to have to tell Clay what she was thinking then she would have to do it somewhere private.

"Come on," Peril groaned. "Let me tell you somewhere private." Peril turned around and walked to the entrance of Jade Mountain. Clay got up and followed her, with out a hesitation, Peril opened her humungous cooper wings and took off into the sky. Clay followed her to the top of Jade Mountain and sat down. Peril sat down and stared at the sun.

"So?" Clay asked.

Peril sighed, "Today is my Hatching Day."

Clay looked at her and said, "I don't understand how that is a bad thing." Peril gave him and exasperated sigh. She was tried of dragons not understanding her feelings! Why couldn't I be a beautiful RainWing like Glory?!

"Clay, it's a bad thing because no one wants to know when the champion of Ex-Queen Scarlet is turning 12!" Peril cried. "Nobody would care in the Sky Kingdom so why would anybody else care if my own tribe doesn't care." Peril laid down and put her head on her forearms.

"Peril...you are such a Moonhead!" Clay exclaimed. Peril was taken back, she never heard Clay say an insult before. She also felt a little hurt that Clay called her a Moonhead in the first place. "Sorry, for the insult, but Peril not all dragons are like the ones from the Sky Kingdom!" Clay apologised. "I'm not a SkyWing and I care."

"But even if I did tell you, you would want to give me a party," Peril reasoned. "Who will come? Tell me exactly who would defiantly show up?" She asked annoyed. Clay paused, "See, that's what I thought."

"Queen Ruby, Prince Cliff, Turtle, Kinkajou, Moonwatcher, Qibli, Sunny," Clay listed. "Those are dragons that I'm sure will come. And if Ruby comes then a whole bunch of guards will come too."

"But not willingly," Peril added. She looked away from Clay closed her eyes. She was always miserable on her Hatching Day, but never this miserable. "Face it Clay, nobody cares." There was a silence then Clay lifted Peril's snout and made her look at him in the eyes.

"Peril, don't you ever say that again, I care, Turtle cares, Qibli cares, Moon cares, Sunny cares, Ruby cares, Cliff cares," Clay informed Peril. "I really, really care," Clay whispered. Then unexpectedly, Clay lowered his snout and pressed it against Peril's snout. She was surprised but her heart, brain, body shouted 'HE'S KISSING ME!' So, Peril kissed him back. After a few more seconds, Clay and Peril reluctantly pulled away. But Peril was still longing for Clay to kiss her again.

"If that doesn't convince you," Clay said. "Then I don't know what will." Peril smiled slightly and rest her head on Clay's shoulder.

"Thank you," Peril sighed. "I needed a wake up call."

"No problem," Clay smiled. They laid there and watched in a comfortable silence as the set in front of them. Peril knew that even though she was a dragon with firescales, she still had many dragons by her side that loved her for who she is. Even if she is a dragon with scales that produce fire.