Starspeaker

Starflight's POV

It hurt, it hurt as if someone had just stabbed him in his heart. Starflight stirred in his bed, he was reliving a memory that happened a year ago. He was remembering when Suny rejected him, he remembered how terrible it felt when she said that she loved him as a brother. Starflight loved Sunny for about 7 years. It took almost all year to get over her, although, it still hurt really bad when he saw her hanging out with that Meerkat guy. Starflight groaned and got up, he knew Fatespeaker was sleeping so he searched the floor for her head. 

She was sleeping right next to him so Starflight was able to walk over her and leave his cave. He walked passed Sunny's cave, Tsunami's cave, and Clay's cave. He walked to the entrance of the school, he has gotten used to navigating through the academy. As he realized that he was close to the entrance he sat down. Starflight knew that since he was blind he wouldn't be able to see the stars or the sunrise. But he just imagined he could, he imagined that he was looking over the Sand Kingdom and all of Pyrhhia. 

Then he heard some twigs snap. Starflight turned his head toward the direction of the noise. Then he immediately knew who it was. "Fatespeaker, I know it's you," Starflight sighed. "I may not be able to see you, but I can still hear you." He heard some rustling and he could feel Fatespeaker's purple scales next to him. 

"Sorry Starflight," Fatespeaker apologized. "You just woke me up and I was just so curious to see what you were doing," Fatespeaker growled and my head lifted up to hear what was going on. She didn't speak for a couple of minutes and Starflight heard some wingbeats as they came crashing down. 

"I need to speak with my friends NightWing," said a familiar Icey voice. 

"If you hurt Starflight I swear-" 

"Fatespeaker is it a boy IceWing?" Starflight asked suddenly. He could feel Fatespeaker nod her head. "Then it's fine, it's his sister that tried to kill me." 

"Okay then," Fatespeaker said in a cheerful voice. Winter scoffed and started to walk toward the caves. "I'm sorry again, I should just check with you before I threatened random dragons."  

"It's okay," Starflight smiled. He could feel the happiness that glowed off Fatespeaker. "I-I need to tell you something," he stammered. Starflight had always loved both Sunny and Fatespeaker. He loved their personalities and their beauty, he loved their kindness, and their silliness. 

"Starflight, I need advice," Fatespeaker said suddenly. "There's a boy that I like and I don't know how to tell him that I like him." Starflight's heart dropped, he thought she loved him. Another failer. Maybe I should be more like Deathbringer or Riptide, Starflight thought. 

"What's he like? Does he have any flaws?" he asked suddenly. If Fatespeaker liked this man, then he needs to know what he has to do better to gain Fatespeaker's love. 

"W-Well, he likes to read, but he loves another girl," Fatespeaker said hesitantly. "A-and he'll do anything for her. Sometimes I can hear him say how much it hurt him that she rejected him," Fatespeaker said. She started to sniffle. "Sometimes he would cry at night. All I want to do is to help him, he lost so much, his love, his books, his...one of his five senses. Sometimes I think that the girl that rejected him was not the right dragon for him! And that he should see that!" Fatespeaker cried. Starflight wrapped his wing around her, this story was starting to get familiar. 

"Any girl would be lucky to have him, but he doesn't seem to think that," Fatespeaker sighed. "What I want is for him to notice me and just tell me that I'm pretty and that I'm amazing," Fatespeaker said. She was starting to get angry, "Should I move on?" 

"Who is he?" Starflight asked gently. Fatespeaker laid on her talons and started to cry. 

"By the moons Starflight!" Fatespeaker cried. "How could you not know! It's you!" she got up and walked to his cave, leaving Starflight stunned. She actually liked him back! Then he realized that the story was about him. He got up and ran to his cave as fast as he could when he got there he stopped and searched for Fatespeaker's talon. 

When he reached it, he held it tight and pulled her into a kiss. They shared this kiss for longer than expected. When the kiss was finished, Starflight could feel Fatespeaker's shocked breathing. "I like you that way too," Starflight confessed. "I-It took longer than it should have to realize that I loved you." 

"I love you too," Fatespeaker said shocked but happy. 

"Wanna try being together?" he asked her nervously. 

"I'd love to!" Fatespeaker smiled. They sat down and went to sleep in each other's arms. Starflight knew that he will always love Sunny, but he'll love Fatespeaker more.