The Next War (DOD, JW, & LC)

Clay's POV 

I watched as the sky dimmed and the world turned red as the HiveWings approached Pyrhhia. It was going to be a bloody battle. A battle that I probably won't make it out alive. I sighed. I had to see my options, if I was going to die soon, I needed to tell the one dragon that I loved them. There, sitting next to her friends, was the beautiful SkyWing with copper scales and steam rose out of them. I walked over to them and smiled at the group. They all had their tails twined around each other's tails. This would probably be the last time they would see their friends ever.

"Hi guys," I smiled kindly. "Can I talk to Peril?" I asked. They nodded but didn't move from their spots. "Alone?" I hinted. They said their ohs and one by one they got up and walked way from Peril. Peril looked sad but happy at the same time as I sat next to her and twined my tail around hers. 

"What do you want to talk about?" Peril asked while smiling. I took a deep breath and smiled at her. If we were going on the biggest fight in all of Pyrhhia, I would want Peril by my side. 

"P-Peril, I want you to know that no matter what happens," I started. I  took a deep breath again. I knew that the HiveWings wouldn't be able to touch Peril, but they would be able hurt me. "I-I would always love you." Peril's jaw dropped. 

"W-what type of love?" Peril asked excited. "I-is it like romantic love? Or friend love?" 

"R-romantic love," I blushed. Peril squealed and jumped on top of me. I fell to the hard stone floor. She spread her wings a bit smiled the biggest smile in the world. 

"You have no idea how long I've been waiting for you to say that," Peril giggled. She nuzzled her snout against my neck and sighed. "I love you too," she smiled. I smiled and wrapped my large mud brown wings around her. They started to sizzle a bit but then again, I didn't care. As long as Peril was mine and I was hers, we'd be okay. 

Tsunami's POV 

I watched as Peril and Clay had their big romantic moment that was bound to happen sooner or later. I sighed knowing that Riptide and I might not ever see each other again. As if he was reading my mind, he wrapped his wings around my back. And leaned down 'till his snout was up against my ear. 

"I want you to know that I love you, Tsunami," Riptide sighed. "I always will." 

Tsunami smiled and lifted her head so her eyes could meet Riptide's deep sea ocean blue eyes. "I love you too, Squid Brain," I grinned. Riptide smiled and I nuzzled my snout against his, we bumped our noses together and waited as the trouble arrived. I was going to end this war, if it was last thing I do...

Glory's POV

I watched the sky with uncertainty. It was starting to scare me, but I think it was starting to scare everyone else. Right now was the time to say the 'I love you'  and 'I'll miss you if I die'. But it was hard for me. I don't want to say goodbye! I want to say hello or happy hatching day! Anything but goodbye. But unfortunately, we had to say goodbye because we are going on the biggest fight yet. No time for regrets. 

I felt a wing wrap around me, I knew who it was immediately. I turned my blue and purple head in the handsome, charming, and smug NightWing's direction. Deathbringer smiled kindly at me then became serious. 

"G-Glory?" Deathbringer stammered. I looked up at him and nodded. "W-we are going on our biggest fight yet. A-and I want to be sure that I-I haven't been wasting my time flirting with you. I-I love you Queen Glory of the RainWings and NightWings. I should've told you sooner-not when we are about to be attacked by another species-that I loved you. I love you with all my heart and I will never stop loving you, no matter what you say," Deathbringer looked into my emerald green eyes with such certainty that it made me want to cry.