Chapter 12 pt 2

"Why?!" Sophie asked.

"It seems," Emery spoke up, brushing his hair. "that the project you are working on is dangerous. Too dangerous. And Oralie's mind is proof of it. So whether you like it or not, the Council forbids you from working on it."

Everybody burst into loud outrages.

"It's not your choice!" Fitz seemed to be yelling at Bronte.

"I DON'T CARE!" Keefe screamed into Alina's face.

Biana seemed to be rambling insults and protests to five councillors who looked very uncomfortable.

And Linh was glaring at two councillors, tossing a watterball back and forth between her hands.

Dex was shouting at another group of councillors.

Tam was shooting glares at the whole Council and shifting shadows on their face to tease them.

Mr. Forkle and Wraith were in a heated argument with a councillor.

And Sophie was... doing nothing. She couldn't help but plunk down onto a couch, and stare mindlessly at the whole scenario.

If they didn't train Keefe's ability... Then Lady Gisela could work that to her favour. The special ability did seem pretty powerful.

Keefe had to learn how to keep his ability under control.

Who knew what there even was to control if he didn't know how to.

The Neverseen had been relying on Keefe's legacy for a long time. They would come for him and his power. To abuse it maybe? Keefe needed to...

Sophie didn't even know.

"Enough!" Emery finally shouted. His hair looked drenched with water, and some councillors looked as if they had no more self-esteem.

"This is our final decision. Do what you want, except this. It's for your own good. We will offer security to whatever you need to keep safe. Just don't act on your plans." Alina added.

With that, they all leaped away, leaving everybody dumbfounded.

Sophie counted one, two, three, four, five, wondering who would break the uncomfortable silence.

Biana appeared out of nowhere making everybody jump.

"Can we talk about what the heck just happened?!" Biana exclaimed.

Nobody replied.

"We'll figure it out..." Mr. Forkle groaned. "You kids go do... something." He leaped away without another word.

Wraith stared straight at Sophie, Biana, Dex, Tam, Linh, Keefe, and Fitz. "I suggest you do what he asks of you. I know it might be hard staying put, but we have to weigh out the pros and cons before doing anything." With that, he leapt away.

"We're not listening to him right?" Tam and Biana said in unison. They looked at each other and blushed.

"SHIP!" Linh yelled. Everybody glared at her. "Sorry, too soon?" Everybody nodded.

"But I agree," Sophie quickly added. Linh smirked. Biana's face flushed.

"OOOOOH!" Keefe sang. Fitz had a murderous look on his face targeted on Tam. Tam's face was as red as a tomato, and glaring at Keefe.

"Anyways," Dex interrupted, saving Tam from an answer. "I think we should follow Mr. Forkle's instructions you guys. They might have a plan. We can just hang out now!"

Biana looked excited. So did Linh. Sophie didn't want to relax while they should have been creating a plan... But...

It did feel pretty good when they hung out in the past. No worries, or regrets. Just pure happiness.

"Fine," Sophie whispered.