Swords

Like their instructor said, they met up again at the same time, just for a debriefing for the future events.

"Many of you are wondering why I called you here today." Their instructor began, arms behind his back as he paced back and forewords in front of the 10 Alphas.

"For the past month you have been tested for multiple skills that a good King should have. Compassion, responsibility, good planning, fitness, and as well as any individual talent that makes you stand out." A couple of the Alphas puffed up with pride, and Yoongi couldn't help but stand up straighter as well.

"A week from now, you'll have a chance to show your new fighting skills, in front of thousands of people in the Royal Stadium. This may possibly be the biggest the biggest event yet, so I hope you guys will give it your all."

Jungkook leaned in close to Kai's ear. "Even bigger than the Talent Show? Who knew?"

"Matches will be 1 vs 1, and you will battle your way through a round robin. Winner will be able to go on a three day vacation with the prince, of course, with guards at his beck and call." Immediately, the 10 Alphas started to whisper at each other, because three days alone with the prince would be a opportunity they could not pass up on.

"So, with that in mind, it should motivate you to work as hard as you can." The instructor says, face serious. "Plus, the two people with the lowest score gets eliminated."

"I don't think the three of us are that bad." Kai hissed, and Jungkook nodded in agreement.

"You will have a choice of which weapon you will fight with, however, there are rules." Their instructor continued. "If you were to use a single hand weapon such as a sword or a spear, you will be allowed to have a shield with it. If you are to use a bow and arrow however, you will not be able to use a shield."

That was a bit of a given, since in order to utilize bow and arrows, you have to use two hands. It'll be hard to use a shield.

"Cheating is absolutely forbidden. Any cheating will result in the participant being immediately expelled from the competition, and will return home at once. And of course, all the weapons will be made of wood, so they'll just hurt, not kill you." Their instructor seemed a bit upset by that, causing some of the Alphas near him to shuffle nervously.

Yoongi made a face at that. How can you even cheat at weapon fighting?

"How do we win?" Bora asked, and the instructor looked at him. "You win by putting in a corner with no way out. Preferably you do that by getting rid of his weapon and not by wacking them until they fall unconscious."

"So, what are you all still standing here for?" The Alphas jerked and rushed off to immediately start to practice because the reward may be the thing that ultimately determines who wins in the end.

"What weapon are you going to choose?" Jungkook asked. "I might just stick with a sword, because I'm the most familiar with it."

"I think everyone's going to choose a sword." Kai joked. "It's like the only weapon we've used."

They walked to the armoury to mull over weapons they were going to get familiar with. All the weapons that were available for training would be available during the event. So during this time, the contestants are expected to get familiar with a weapon of their choosing, as expert fighters say you have to be one with your weapon.

Yoongi chooses a double handed sword, with brown cloth wrapped around the handle and thorns carved into the blade. Kai chooses a darker one, with a blade that glints dangerously in the sunlight. Jungkook chooses a double sided katana, and when asked if he'd be able to handle it, he grins. "I may have begged the instructor to show me how to use one."