Kitten

•

                                          •

Living at the villa was a nice change from the palace or his home. It was relatively quiet, save for the gentle crashing of the waves.

After their first meal in the villa, Jimin excitedly takes them towards the beach, rolling up the hem of his pants and taking off his shoes and socks.

"Come on Yoongi!" Jimin cheered joyfully, and Yoongi takes his shoes and socks off to join him.

The ocean water is cool, but not too cold. Yoongi lets himself get used to the feeling before splashing his way towards Jimin.

The prince is wriggling his toes in the sand, giggling gleefully when a few fishes swim and tickle his feet. When he sees Yoongi running towards him, he shrieks and runs back to shore, laughing when Yoongi attempts to splash at him.

"Yoongi! Stop!" Jimin shrieks, licking his feet in the water to create a wall of water, drenching Yoongi from head to toe. Yoongi coughs, and Jimin hesitates.

Did Yoongi accidentally inhale some water?

Turns out, he didn't. He was just faking.

When Jimin was close enough to check if Yoongi was okay, the other stops coughing and lunges at the prince, pushing him into the water.

When Jimjn resurfaces, he squeals and starts running away, slowly, because the water level was too damn high.

Nonetheless, by the time they were done, they were soaking wet and tired as fuck.

And because they were wet, when they collapsed onto the beach, they got covered in sand from head to toe.

"I got some sand up my pants!" Jimin complained, moving gingerly to minimize the scraping feeling the grains of sand were giving him. Yoongi laughed, his own legs scratching against the grains of sand. It wasn't that bad though, considering it was fine sand that got in their pants.

"Let's go wash up." Jimin suggests, and Yoongi nods.

When they walk into the house, grains of sand sprinkling onto the floor, Yoongi remembers.

Wait, isn't there only one shower?

Yoongi thinks for a moment, sweating before remembering. Oh yeah, there was another smaller shower in the basement.

"Which shower are you going to use?" Jimin asks, and Yoongi points towards the door leading to the basement. "I'll shower in the smaller one."

Jimin nods, and they head up towards the bedroom to retrieve new clothes.

The feeling of sand leaving the surface of his body felt amazing. It no longer felt rough and itchy with dried sea salt.

He made sure to scrub extra hard to get rid of any remaining smell and dust, the body wash smelling pleasantly of white strawberries.

He scrubbed hard at his hair, small sands sticking under his fingernails.

When he was free from sand, he turned off the shower knob and stepped out, wrapping a towel around his body. He stood there for a good minute, shivering, before he adjusted to the temperature of the room.

He quickly towelled himself off and got dressed. He hair was dripping at the ends again  by the time all his clothes were on, so he grabbed a cloth and messily towelled his hair off.

Disposition the cloth in the laundry basket, Yoongi unlocks the door and steps outside.

It's cool outside the bathroom, due to the humidity that had built up while Yoongi was in the shower.

He couldn't hear any water running, so he assumed that Jimin was done showering.

He wandered around the house, munching on an apple while looking for the omega. Strangely enough, Jimin wasn't in the house.

Taking a peek outside the window, Yoongi could see that the sun was rapidly setting, half of it already disappearing under the horizon. Finally, he sees the boy standing outside, crouching over something. He could hear the prince talking, and was curious to what Jimin was saying.

He approached the prince and peeked over his shoulder.

It was a cat.

Or a kitten, to be more precise.

It's fur was matted and dirty, patches of fur missing from the skin. Jimin was cooing at it and petting it gently, to which the kitten responded positively to. It mewled and nuzzled into Jimin's palm, purring deep in its chest.

Jimin noticed that Yoongi was behind him and shuffled to the side so Yoongi could squat down too. "Isn't she just adorable?"

"How do you know it's a girl?" Yoongi asks and Jimin reaches down to gently lift up the kittens tail.

"If it's a girl, the distance between the two holes are further than if it were a male." Jimin explained. He let go of the kittens tail when the kitten meows loudly and struggles out of Jimin grip.

"I wanna clean him up and feed her, is that okay with you?" Jimin asks, when the kitten is back on the ground and lays across Jimin's shoe. Yoongi shrugs and goes to pick her up.

"Fine by me."

They bring the kitten back into their villa and find a shallow basin. Upon inspection, they find that the kitten is unharmed. Only sole fur missing. They also find some fleas, and Jimin runs to find a comb.

While Jimin brushes the kittens fur gently, Yoongi's in charge of squashing the fleas when they fall onto the white piece of paper. After that, they fill the basin with warm water and started to rub the kitten gently. When the cat is deemed wet enough, Jimin takes some baby wash and gently lathers a bit onto the kitten.

As the kitten is being washed, the water slowly turns brown with mud, dirt, and dead insects. Yoongi quickly lifts the kitten up while Jimin drains the water and refills it.

"She's looking side much better." Jimin cooed, and the kitten mewls in response. When the cat is completely clean, they wrap her in a small towel and put her on a bottle filled with hot water.

"What should we name her?" Jimin asks, when the kitten dozes off, warm and comfortable.

Yoongi shrugs. "Im bad with coming up with names."

Jimin hums, studying the kitten intensely. "What about, Lilith?"

👑👑👑

Sorry this chapter is late!! I couldn't finish yesterday so I had to hold it off until today.

Hope you like this chapter!! ❤️❤️❤️