6 : A Kept Promise

Yaomomo was still standing there, eyes wide, hand holding her son's. She was confused, Uraraka Ochaco is standing in front of her house like nothing had happen.

"Mommy?" Her son called, snapping Yaomomo out of her trance.

"Oh, I'm sorry, Takashi," she smiled warmly at her son before turning around to face Ochaco again. "Let's go inside."

Ochaco followed her inside her house and was told to wait in the living room. Their house is a modern traditional Japanese house, seeing that Todoroki spent his entire life living in a traditional Japanese house.

It was quite awkward, sitting alone on the couch waiting for her high school friend to finish whatever she's doing. There was a few rounds of laughter from Takashi that could be heard from time to time, other than that, the house was silent.

After what felt like an eternity to Ochaco, Yaomomo finally sat in the living room, next to Ochaco.

"Sorry about that, I was giving a bath to Takashi," she apologized, her clothes a bit damp.

"It's alright," Ochaco paused, looking for the right word to start a conversation. She was about to open her mouth but was cut off by Yaomomo wrapping her arms around Ochaco.

"Don't leave us again, okay?" It wasn't a question, more of a request.

Ochaco returned the hug, patting Yaomomo's back. She pulled away from the embrace, putting her hands on Yaomomo's shoulder and looking her in the eye.

"Don't you want an explanation, or something?"

Yaomomo laughed, a drop of tear rolling down the side of her cheek. "I'm just glad you're here again."

Ochaco pulled her back into a hug, "I'm never leaving again," she said, reassuring both Yaomomo and herself.

Yaomomo stand up from the couch, wiping the roll of tear away. "Do you want to eat something?"

"That'd be nice."

Yaomomo lead the way to the kitchen. Yaomomo started putting on an apron and Ochaco does the same as her, planning to help Yaomomo cook.

It was a bit tough to convince Yaomomo, but in the end, she gave in when Takashi came to the kitchen and complained about his hunger. They cooked a simple meal, Katsudon, which reminded Ochaco about Izuku. She remembered how she used to cook Katsudon for him.

The three of them began to enjoy their food. Yaomomo and Ochaco engaging in conversation once in a while. Once they finished their food, Yaomomo clean up while Takashi was watching children's show in the living room.

"You should go, Shoto is coming home soon. I believe you wouldn't want to meet him?" Yaomomo asked Ochaco who's still sitting at the dining table, resting her head on her hands.

"I'm trying to meet every close friend that I know," she replied, staring at Takashi who's in the room across from her. "My daughter too. Soon," she mumbled.

"Does that include Midoriya?" Yaomomo asked, which made Ochaco stared at the floor. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked that."

"I need some time before I can meet him," Ochaco said, now making eye contact with Yaomomo.

"Oh my god!" The voice that belonged to Todoroki screamed out, making the two woman turned their gaze to the doorway where Todoroki was standing. "Ghosts are real?" He asked, slightly shouting.

He closed his eyes for a few seconds, mumbling something under his breath. "She's still there!" He screamed once he opened his eyes again, pointing at Ochaco.