Chapter 9

Manik's POV......

I finished my meeting. The meeting was successful and I'm very happy because it was an important deal. I had this deal as I wanted to build my dream project which I want to recomend to my beloved wife and kids. Yes you heard correct. We have two kids. But our first baby is not with us and we......leave it. I don't want to become sad. I want to remember my baby with a smile not tears.

I went to an isolated area. No one comes here. It is the place where I lost my baby. Whenever I become very happy or very sad I come here as I can feel my child's presence here. Tears beamed in my eyes remembering that day incident. After spending some time here I went to my car as now I want to go home and hide myself in Nandini's embrace. Whenever I come to this place I end up crying and I can't help it neither I can stop myself from coming to this place.

I started my car. Suddenly a girl came in front of my car. She was hardly of 5 years. I stopped my car and went to her. She was became unconscious. I took her on my arms. She was badly injured but not by my car. Seeing her condition a lone tear escaped from my eyes. I searched for her parents or anyone but no one was there as the place is isolated. Blood is oozing continuously from her body. Tears are continuously rolling from my eyes. I can't see her like this. I tried to wake her up but I failed. I immediately took her to my car. I kept her safely in my lap and drove towards the hospital.

I brought her to the hospital. There was my friend Suresh who was a doctor in this hospital. She was admitted in the ICU. I called Nandini as I can't take it more. I need her right now.

Phone conversation.....

Nandini: Hey Manik. Okay let me guess....you have got the deal as always. Right??

I was unable to speak. Words were stuck on my throat.

Nandini: Manik are you there?? Hello.....

Manik: Nandini....can you come to the city hospital??

I said very difficulty with choking voice.

Nandini: Manik hospital kyun?? Kya hua hain?? You are fine right??

She was concerned about me. This is the girl who understands me everytime and she is always there whenever I want her.

Manik: Nandini I'm fine but please come fast.

Nandini: Okay okay I'm coming.

I ended the call and sat to the nearby chair. I don't no why but when I saw that girl first I felt a strange connection with her. She is nearly of 5 year. If our child would have been alive now then she would also be of her age. Yes we had a baby girl. But God took her from us. Again tears started rolling out.

I was looking at the ICU word. The light was still on. As the time was passing by I was becoming restless. Then I heard the voice for which I was craving for. And there comes my Nandini. I just ran towards her and hugged her tightly. I need peace and she is my peace. She was taken aback but soon reciprocated. She was trying her best to calm me down but I was in no mood to stop.

End of Manik's POV.

Nandini's POV.....