Chapter 21

Writer's POV.....

Manik like a mad person was trying to get the blood for Neel. As it was very rare he was unable to find out. With such a difficulty he got a pouch of blood. On the other side Neel's health was decreasing. Nandini was crying silently looking at her son from the ICU ward glass window. The doctor came out and said to Nandini.....

Doctor: Mrs. Malhotra....where is your husband?? It's already very late. We can't wait now. Please tell him to come fast.

Saying this the doctor left. Nandini immediately called Manik and told him to come fast. He was driving the car towards the hospital suddenly he saw a truck came from the opposite direction with high speed. He moved the stirring and his car hit a tree.

Manik was senseless as he got some injuries on his head. Some local people came near the car and brought Manik out of it as the car can blast at any time. They sprinkled water on his face to get back his sense. He got his sense back and drank the water that they supplied to him.

Suddenly he saw his car blasted. Then only he realized what happened to him. His eyes widened as he remembered that the blood was on the car only. He rushed towards the car and tried to get inside it but the local peoples hold him tightly so that he can't go to the fire which can harm him. He saw the scene and fell on his knees crying vigorously.

Manik: I failed Neel....I failed....your papa failed baby....I'm sorry....I'm sorry....

The rest of the people were seeing him with sympathy and sadness. Then he got a call from Nandini. Collecting some strength he received the call.

Phone conversation.....

Nandini: Manik where are you?? Please come fast....Neel....Neel is....losing....it....Manik please jaldi....aa jao....please....

Not able to say anything he cut the call and taking help of some locals he went to the hospital. As he reached the ICU Nandini seeing him hugged him.

Manik: I'm sorry Nandini I'm....

Nandini: I knew ki tum kuch jarur karoge. You can do anything for us. I love you so much.

Manik: But this time I failed Nandini.

He said blankly. Nandini broke the hug and looked at him.

Nandini: What are you saying Manik?? It's a very bad joke.

Manik: I'm serious.

Nandini: Manik please not now. I'm really not liking your jokes now.

He became annoyed and fisted his hairs with frustration.

Manik: Nandini please stop this. Do you think that I'll joke now??

Nandini: Accha leave it. Tum....

Then only she saw the injuries that he got.

Nandini: Manik yeh sab....kaise hua??