Chapter 17

Nandini's POV.....

I adjusted Neel on my lap as I sat on the bed of our room. His eyes had become red due to crying. I rubbed his tears with my thumb and made him look at me.

Nandini: Baby what happened?? Aap aise kyun kar rahe ho?? Aapke teachers ko kitna pareshan hona para na?? Kya hua baby?? Please batao mumma ko.....

Neel: Mumma wo.....

Saying this he started coughing badly. My heart just skipped seeing him like that. I took the water from the side table and made him drink. He drank the water.

Nandini: Okay okay sshhh. Koi baat nahi. Relax okay?? Mumma aapke sath hi hain.

He hugged me tightly due to which my shoulder started paining. But it's okay. I can bear this much pain for my son.

I didn't asked him anything as I can sense that he is afraid of something. But I have to find it out.

I freshened him up and made him eat something. He not once was leaving me.

It was night. I was sitting on the couch of dining room with Neel in my lap. His head was on my chest. He slept like that only. I saw Manik entering so I made Neel sleep on the couch safely so that he doesn't fall down.

Manik: Kya baat hain. Aaj to Neel bohot jaldi so gaya.

He settled himself beside Neel. He is looking exhausted. I gave him water to drink which he drank in one go. How can I stress him more??

End of Nandini's POV

Writer's POV.....

She saw Neel saying something in dreams tears flowing from the side of his eyes. She rushed towards him.

Nandini: Neel....baby get up.

Neel was continuously calling his mumma. He was having a bad dream. Nandini was trying to wake him up.

Finally he woke up with loud yell.

Neel: Mummaaaaaaaaaa........

Nandini hugged him tightly. And started consoling him.

Nandini: Neel baby calm down. Dekho mumma is here only with you. Main kahi nahi ja rahi hu. Aap shant ho jao.

After some time Neel became normal and stayed in Nandini's arms.

In this Manik was bewildered. He was not able to digest what was happening. But seeing his son's condition he kept mum.

.........................................
......................

They had their dinner in full silence. After the dinner Nandini took Neel to their room. By this time Manik's patience failed. He can't take the silence more. He also went to their room.

Manik: Nandini can you please tell me what's happening?? Mujhe kuch samajh nahi aa raha hain.