03 | now

Noble Creek High,
Senior year,
Present day

Noble Creek High,Senior year,Present day

This can't be happening.

Someone please just tell me that I did not just get myself locked in the school library with my freaking arch-nemesis. My stupid, good-for-nothing, and annoyingly still very handsome ex-boyfriend, Hunter Knight.

My eyes scanned the whole place, hoping and praying that someone else would be here—stuck like me and him—and it's not just the two of us.

"I think it's just the two of us." He said instantly making me glare at him.

Choosing to ignore his presence, I tried to pull open the door again, this time doubling the force of the pull.

"Come on!" I said to myself in frustration.

"It isn't going to work, Hera."

Hearing my name in his voice brought back all the memories I didn't want to remember. I hate him. He does not get to say my name again as if nothing happened. Feeling my anger rising, I gave him a sharp look.

"Shut up!" I said in a rude tone but his stoic expression never wavered.

With the same anger flowing through my veins, I looked around to find any object that would be useful in kicking the door open. The only thing that looked like it could work was the wooden chairs that were used by students when they want to read or study. Taking my chances, I went over to the nearest wooden chair and picked it up.

I felt Hunter's calculating gaze on me as if he was trying to decode what I was about to do. As hard as it was, I ignored the mesmerizing grey eyes I once fell in love with and focused on getting out of here.

I went over to the door and stood in front of it. Taking in a breath of air, I picked up the chair and prepared myself to take a swing at the door. But before I could even move an inch, a hand stopped me by grabbing my wrist.

"What the hell are you doing? That's dangerous." He said sharply with a frown.

"Trying to get us out of here? Now, move." I said, trying to move away from his hold.

But Hunter's grasp on my wrist tightened, forcing me to glare at him. His stoic expression was long gone and was now replaced with an infuriated look I could recognize anywhere. A look that was only reserved for me up until three months ago.

"You're being stupid, Hera. You could get hurt." He said with much intensity in his eyes.

I ripped my hand away from his grasp and placed the chair down in frustration. I then turned to glare at him.

"Then, what do you want me to do, huh? Sulk in the corner and wait for someone to rescue us? We've got to do something." I said with my annoyance at peak.

"I'll do it."

I scoffed. "Wow. I do not need your male ego to show up and make me the damsel in distress. I can do it perfectly fine, thank you very much."