22 | then

Noble Creek High,
Junior year,
Day 02

I've been with Hunter for one hundred and eighteen days now and I can't be any happier than I am right now

He makes me feel like I'm the luckiest person on Earth and I hope that I make him feel the same way too. He is nothing but sweet to me. Sure, we had our fights and spats, but we always found our way back to each other. I love that about us.

Standing with my back against my locker, I read the text that Hunter had just sent me telling me that he was going to be here soon. A grin made its way to my face and I quickly replied him back. Then, I opened my locker and placed my things inside.

All of a sudden, a loud bang erupted beside me, causing me to flinch due to the piercing sound. I closed my locker and found the reason behind the loud bang.

"Melanie, what the hell?" I asked in disbelief.

"That would be my question to you. Hera, what the hell?" She asked with a bitter expression.

"Huh?"

"What are you still doing with Hunter Knight?"

I frowned in confusion at her weird question. "What?"

Melanie rolled her eyes in frustration. "Why are you still dating Hunter? What the hell is wrong with you?"

"Me? What's wrong with me? I think you should be asking what the hell is wrong with you because you're acting weird."

"It's you who's acting weird. What are you doing, Hera? How could you do this to Newt?" She asked with an accusing gaze.

The frowned on my face disappeared and shock took over. "How did you know?"

"So, you do know. You know, everyone could see just how much Newt was in love with you and you were the only blind bitch."

"H-he wasn't in l-love. It was just a crush." I stuttered nervously.

"Is that what you're telling yourself? I didn't know you would stoop this low. You know, I thought this whole Hunter thing wouldn't last long. I thought he would dump you over the summer but you're still with him. And I don't know what the fuck is wrong with Hunter because he can't seem to see just how ugly you are."

Don't listen to her, Hera. She's lying. She is just trying to get to you. Don't let her.

"What did you do, huh? How did you seduce him? How did you make two attractive boys fall for you, huh? What's your secret? Did you promise them a good fu-"

"Stop it, Melanie!" I cut her off from saying something so malicious. "What the hell is your problem? Why are you always so intent on hating me this much? I didn't do anything to you."

That seemed to anger her even more as I could almost see her nostrils flaring. "Shut the fuck up, you ignorant bitch. The fact that you don't know why I hate you makes me hate you even more. You hurt Newt and you'll pay for it. I promise you; you're going to pay for it."