18 | then

Noble Creek High,
Sophomore year,
Day 233

Noble Creek High,Sophomore year,Day 233

I am disappointed.

I am so damn disappointed. I haven't seen Hunter ever since our almost kiss in the library and I'm so disappointed that I haven't seen him or talked to him.

It's only been three days—including today—and I'm acting like some clingy girlfriend. And I'm definitely not clingy or his girlfriend. But I really needed to see him and talk to him. We have to talk about the almost kiss. I want to know why he almost kissed me. I needed to hear it from him.

Was it a just-in-the-moment thing or does he feel something for me too? I want to know. I need to know. Usually, I hate confrontations, but this is something I can't avoid or run away from. My mind will haunt me to death if I don't talk to him about this.

Did he realize that I'm not 'beautiful' like he said? Did he take a closer look at me and thought I was plain and unattractive just like how Melanie said I was? Does he regret almost kissing me?

God damn it, I don't know why the hell I'm setting myself up for hurt like this. I hate that I'm like this. So damn weak and vulnerable. Hate it.

"I need you to come with me. Right now." Nina said suddenly appearing out of nowhere beside me.

"Hello to you too," I said sarcastically while closing my locker.

"No time for sarcasm! Let's go." She said and grabbed my wrist, dragging me away.

"What the hell, Nina? Why are you in such a rush? Where are we going?"

"I'll explain when we get there. All we need to focus on now is that we have to be fast and slick."

"But why?"

"Just follow me! No more questions!"

Nina dragged me violently towards a classroom and opened the door to it. She pulled me in and closed the door. Then, she practically shoved me under the teacher's desk and that's when I realized that we were hiding.

"Why are we hiding? What is going on?"

"In a few minutes, my parents and Newt are going to be having a scholarship meeting here, in this classroom. Remember how I told you that my parents and Newt were acting shady? Well, we're here to find out why."

"Oh. We're spies now. This is kind of exciting. But how do you know they were going to have their meeting here?"

Nina smirked proudly. "I have my sources."

"You are scary."

"Thank you." She said as she flipped her hair cheekily.

"But why here though? Don't they usually use the conference rooms for meetings to take place?"

"All the conference rooms are on the second floor and my mom is in a wheelchair so."

"Oh, that makes sense."