21 | now

Noble Creek High,
Senior year,
Present day

Noble Creek High,Senior year,Present day

Hunter was sleeping pretty peacefully.

A little while ago, I sat down beside him and placed his head on my lap because it made me uncomfortable that he was sleeping on the hard-concrete floor that was probably making him uncomfortable.

Since he helped me by lending me his shoulder earlier, I wanted to reciprocate by lending him my lap. This was all there is to it. I'm just helping him like he helped me. That's all. I'm not doing this because I feel something for him. Nope.

Hunter made himself comfortable on my lap and started sleeping soundly. Guess he was enjoying his nap. I, on the other hand, am going to die out of boredom. There was no sleep left in me and I had nothing to do. It was just so unbearably boring.

When are we going to get out of here? I really don't want to die in here. That would be really sad. 'Female high school student found dead in her school's library where she was locked in with her ex-boyfriend' was a title I did not want to see on the pages of a newspaper.

My life was already seen as pathetic by people. I definitely do not want to add more patheticness to myself with that kind of tragedy.

All of a sudden, I start to miss my mom. I miss her random making of pancakes when she's happy. I miss her treating me normally. I miss her daily scolding. I even miss her boyfriend, Elias who is almost like a dad to me. Their relationship was so strong, and it makes me believe that my mom finally found the love of her life.

I wish she would come back home early and realize that I'm not home. But that's next to impossible. It's one of her close friend's wedding. She would never leave early.

This place is starting to get suffocating. I don't feel much air inside here like before and with all the windows closed, I'm afraid there isn't enough to sustain until someone finds us here. I really don't want to die in here.

I miss Nina so much. I miss her constant rants about human injustice. I miss going shopping with her and getting waffles with ice-cream after that. I miss talking to her about random things. I miss hugging her.

I miss Newt too. I miss his funny stories. I miss listening to music with him since we have the same taste in music. I miss arguing with him about how lacrosse is stupid. I miss his crackhead behavior.

Will I ever be able to see the people I love again? Am I really going to be stuck in here forever? I feel like I'm going to go crazy. Man above the skies, please let someone find us. Please. I'm begging you.

I looked down and glanced at Hunter. He looked so peaceful unlike me who's about to pull out my hair in extreme apprehensiveness. Looking at Hunter's peaceful slumber state made me feel a little better as my endless thoughts started to die down slowly.

Unknowingly, my hand moved to Hunter's forehead and pushed the hair that was touching his closed eyes away gently. I then moved my hand to his head and lightly caressed his hair. I sighed as I realized that Hunter was still as handsome as ever. And right now, he just looked so.....beautiful.

I wonder how things went so wrong between the both of us. What could have happened that made Hunter do such a thing? He was so happy with me. We were dating for two whole years and he looked like he was really in love with me.

How was I so mistaken? Until today, I still can't believe that the Hunter I knew said those horrible things on that awful day. Why didn't I have a clue? How did I not suspect a thing? His hurtful words drove me crazy then and it still does from time to time.

'I just had to shed a few tears and boom, I'm the good guy.'

'She was just a game to me, like every other.'

'She means nothing to me.'

'No. I never l-'

No! Stop thinking about it, Hera. Remember what Mr. Bennett said. Don't let your sadness rule your life. Don't let Hunter ruin your life.

I sighed as I thought about how it all didn't make sense sometimes. I met Hunter and got to know him inside out. But the person he was on that day and days after that, it was like he was a completely different person. It was like he was the person everyone thought he was. The bad scary guy who does bad things and hangs out with bad people.

The Hunter I knew was just a booknerd, a boy who had been hurt deeply by people who didn't care about him enough to stay. A boy who is kind and appreciative of the little things. A boy I love with all my heart. Where did he go? At which point did I lose him? Was I even with the real him? I don't know. But if I really wasn't, it would hurt all over again like a bitch.

The way he cried that day when we got together was something I could never erase from my memory. He was so hurt and vulnerable and it crushed my heart to see him in that state. But now, I don't even know if that was real tears. I don't know if he was actually hurt and vulnerable. I don't know if any of it was real and it's killing me.

Reliving all these past memories that we shared was a bad idea because now I have a million questions to ask Hunter and I just want to cry my heart out.

"Why did you do this to me, Hunter?" I whispered to his sleeping state. "We were doing so well. Why did you ruin everything?"

Tears fell down my cheeks uncontrollably as the events of that horrible day replayed in my mind like a scene from a movie.

"Did I really mean nothing to you? Did you really not love me?" my voice cracked as I wailed as silently as possible.

Just looking at Hunter hurt like hell. So, that's why I moved Hunter from my lap, back to the floor, and ran up the stairs to get to the Young Adult section. I don't know why I wanted to go there specifically but it didn't matter at the moment. I just had to get away from him.

The moment I got to the aisle, I leaned on the wall between the shelves and dropped to the floor. I finally sobbed as much as I wanted to. My mum once told me that crying was a way of letting the pain out. That was exactly what I was doing. I was letting my pain out.

I hate Hunter Knight. That was never ever going to change. He hurt me and made me weak and I'll never forget that. The moment someone finds us here, I'm going to get the hell away from him and never ever speak to him ever again. I wiped my tears away and promised myself that I won't cry over him again.

Hunter isn't worth it.

Just then, I heard footsteps walking towards my direction. Oh my God. Did someone finally find us? Are we getting out of here? I stood up and got ready to face the person. The footsteps got louder and louder and the person finally came into my sight.

"Oh, it's just you." All the hope I had vanished the moment I saw Hunter who had a pretty determined look on his face.

"I think I know how to get us out of here."