24 | then

Noble Creek High,
Senior year,
Day THREE MONTHS PRIOR TO PRESENT DAY (yes, it is that day indeed)

Noble Creek High,Senior year,Day THREE MONTHS PRIOR TO PRESENT DAY (yes, it is that day indeed)

For some reason, I was feeling uneasy today.

It could be because of the fact that I haven't heard a word from the school's scholarship administrator, Mr. Kerner. The applications for merit-based scholarships started two months ago and many students started receiving their confirmed scholarships in the past three weeks. Except for me.

I was actually feeling fine until last night when I received a text from Nina saying that she got the scholarship via email. The fact that I'm the only one who has yet to get the scholarship in our friend group was making me anxious.

I walked up to my locker and leaned my back on it. Then, I took out my phone to check if there were any texts from Hunter. But as I expected, there were none.

Hunter has been acting strange these days. He hasn't been talking to me properly and I barely see him nowadays. He hasn't gone to the library in days and has been missing work a lot. Even Ray was worried about his unusual disappearing act. I wondered what was on his mind and if he was okay.

I really wanted to stop him and ask him what was going on, but I thought maybe he just needed space and time. So, that was what I was doing. I wanted to be an understanding girlfriend to him. After all, he is the best boyfriend I could have ever asked for.

Sighing, I turned and unlocked my locker. Just as I was about to place my textbooks inside, a white folded paper caught my attention. Oh my God, did Hunter leave me a note? A smile unconsciously made its way to my face at the thought of Hunter writing me a love note.

I quickly unfolded the note and read the contents of it. The words on the white paper made me frown in confusion.

'Dearest Hera,

The music room is where you'll find the truth behind your unconventional relationship with Knight. Head there right now if you want to save yourself from further humiliation.

xoxo,
from someone who you'll be thankful to'

What in the world is this someone on about? I don't know if I should feel offended that this person called my relationship with Hunter 'unconventional' or roll my eyes at the fact that this person thinks I'll be thankful to them. And what the hell do they mean by 'further humiliation'?

I would be lying if I said I wasn't a tad bit curious as to what this 'truth' was. Should I go to the music room? I mean, what's the harm in doing so, right? Maybe, I can find out who this someone was and give them a piece of my mind.

I closed my locker and walked towards the music room while mentally preparing my speech to that someone. I finally reached my destination and saw that the door was slightly ajar. Just when I was about to open the door wider to enter, I heard a familiar voice, making me pause in my step.