[10]

Tim was engrossed in the file he was holding, carefully studying it and flickering towards the laptop he had opened the side as well for further details. The door on his bedroom knocked twice but he was going through some case studies that he had taken over from Bruce so he didn't even look up as he answered, "it's not locked. Step right in."

Damian stepped in cautiously, his eyes flickering in disgust at the messy state of the room because he was rather organized while Tim was the total opposite. He decided to get done with Tim as quick as he could for the state of the room was definitely going to drive him crazy and he didn't want his instincts to strike in making him clean his room instead.

"Drake, can I have a word?"

Tim looked up surprised to see Damian standing in front of his desk, "yeah sure."

"Are you free this evening?"

He was slightly taken aback at the abrupt question but knew Damian wasn't going to elaborate the reason behind it anytime soon, "kind of, Bruce gave me some cases to go through but I think I can mange it before evening."

"Good. And are you still on acceptable terms with Luthor?"

His surprise increased further, "Lex Luthor?"

Damian rolled his eyes wearily and shook his head as if Tim had made the dumbest remark ever, "no, your girlfriend Luthor. Honestly, what do you even have inside of you instead of a brain? Sawdust?"

"Oh... Right. Of course I'm on more than just acceptable terms with her," he answered placing the file down and focusing on Damian fully, "but why are you asking?"

He considered for a while before speaking up, "can you ask her to go on a double date?"

Tim almost choked out in shock, "what...?"

"A double date, Drake, I honestly hate repeating my words but you always fail to register them the first time. How incredibly idiotic of you... But then of course what more could be expected from you." He kicked off a can that collided with his foot and his eyes narrowed, "plus when was the last you cleaned? You live like a sewer rat, disgusting..."

"I'll clean it all up after I get some work done," Tim knew he never let go of any opportunity to degrade him but he had gotten quite accustomed to it, "by the way who else is accompanying us on a double date, I am allowed to ask you that, aren't I?"

A faint color crept over Dami's face, "me and Jonathan."

His clear blue eyes widened in shock, "wait a bit... You did not just say that... Jonathan as in Jon Kent?"

"I definitely said that but I think you need an ear checkup because your hearing is terrible."

"Hold up, Damian," Tim grabbed his arm because he was about to leave, pulling him down on the chair beside him, his surprise had faded into a slightly shocked smile, "when did this happen?"

"You are not entitled to know anything and in no way are you going to criticize me for my life choices," Damian replied vaguely, shrugging his arm off, "just tell me, are you both accompanying us or not?"

"Let me ask Irina first," Tim nodded, "I don't have any problem though, you know that."

"Of course I do, that's why I didn't even ask you for your opinion."

"And why would I criticize your decision? I'm glad you finally got someone other than Satan to share some love with."

He huffed, "oh shut up."

"But Jon is such a sweet soul that I still can't believe it," Tim had taken his phone put and was shaking his head in silent laughter, "and Dami, don't think I'll let you off easy. If you're not going to tell me anything yourself, I can easily make Jon talk instead."

The color drained from Dami's face as he threatened, "don't you dare."

"Then you tell me yourself, and I won't dare pester Jon at the double date. For in the other case, it could get really awkward for you."

He groaned in annoyance but flickered a sideways glance at him as if to judge whether he was being serious or not. "Fine. But keep in mind, no unnecessary questions."

"Of course," Tim smiled, texting over to Irina, "Ren says she's fine with it too. What time shall I give to her?"

"Pick her up around five," Damian remarked.

"Done," he finally put his phone down, blue eyes looking straight in his brother's green ones, "now your turn. If you don't want me to ask any questions then you better explain everything yourself."

Damian had folded his arms defiantly and his face was set into a scowl but he took a deep breath, "if a single word of what I tell you goes out of this room, I will kill you." His voice had deepened at the last three words, implying that the threat was very much real.

Tim chuckled, "you don't have to worry bro, I won't snitch."

"You better not because your life is at stake. And for the love of Satan, don't ever call me bro again."

A mischievous smile danced upon his lips as he nodded, "whatever you say, Dim Dams."

His mouth dropped open in a slight o shape and it didn't take long for his features to twist into a threatening expression, "you're insufferable, Drake. Screw it, I shall kill you right now."

Tim burst out laughing as he quickly left the chair before Damian could put him into a chokehold, "then I hope you enjoy your date with Irina as a third wheel. Fair warning, she may steal Jonathan away from you because not only is she absolutely lovely but also has a very sweet personality unlike you. So of course you should not kill me right now, though the invitation is open for when we return from the date."

Damian stopped chasing him around the room because he didn't want to trip on the countless items Tim had thrown around, "ugh, I so fucking hate you, Drake."

"Love you too, Dim Dams."

***