[25]

Much to the relief of the Waynes, Tim recovered rather quickly. It had been four days since the terrible encounter and by then he was feeling considerably better. Though a sadness lingered inside him at not being able to find out how Irina was handling the situation.

None of his brothers ever talked about her since Damian got a little aggressive at any mention of her or what had passed that night, so even Tim chose to keep silent.

He was thinking about getting Jason alone so that he could ask him about her. Because as far as he could guess, Jay was the person who would definitely know about her.

That morning upon the doctor's permission, Richard and Jay even helped him walk around the room and that had been a great proof of his recovery.

By then his room was full of flowers but each time his gaze landed on the carnations peeking out from the bouquet Selina had brought, he would be reminded of Irina because those were her favorite flowers.

He wanted badly to somehow talk to her because he knew very well that after all that had passed between them that night, she would have been far from normal herself.

He had a clear idea that she would be blaming herself and the fact that she was going through the grief of losing her father as well as the fear of losing Tim made him get even more anxious for her.

On the other hand Damian had left for home at last, as he had been staying with Tim throughout, not trusting anyone else to look after him. But now that he was getting better, he had himself asked Dami to go and rest.

After a lot of persuasion and threats from Tim's side, he had finally agreed and left. Jay had not been in the room as well when Richard helped him through his evening walk.

As usual, Richard had been the one supplying most of the conversation but despite himself, Tim couldn't bring himself to actually listen to him.

His mind would constantly flicker towards Irina and as he knew absolutely nothing about where she was or how she was dealing with the whole situation, he was himself rather worried.

When Richard finally helped him back to his bed, he spoke, "I want you to promise me that you'll answer truthfully to the questions I'm going to ask now."

He was a little surprised as he rose an eyebrow skeptically, "okay...?"

"Promise me, Dick."

"I promise, hit me with the questions."

"Where's Irina?" He asked at last, eyes focused on Dick's face, observing his expression.

"She's staying over at Helena's place. Jason took here there after... You know... And in order to avoid the press, she is still there. Her aunt knows though so there's nothing to worry about."

He nodded, "and how is she?"

"Fine," the reply was vague as Richard turned to look out the window instead, not wanting to look Tim in the eyes just then.

"You promised to answer truthfully," Tim remarked, "how is she? She was hurt too back then and I know very well that after my identity was revealed to her, she would have been hurt even worse."

Richard sighed, reluctantly turning back to face him, "she's fine physically. Helena has been taking good care of her and the last time I saw her, she was..."

Tim was sitting upright, impatient to know why he had left the sentence incomplete.

"She couldn't stop crying," he let it out at last, "you know her better than I do. You can clearly imagine how she would be right now."