[12]

When Tim and Damian reached Wayne Tech, Bruce had also arrived and Richard was already there in his vigilante suit while Jay had gone out to gather more information from his resources about the gang who had attempted to break in.

Apparently, Wayne Tech's labs had been the main target and the manager, Lucius Fox, was certain that the group had been targeting to break into the robotics section. Finding that out, the Waynes realized that it was definitely the doing of the same group that had targeted the Gotham Institute of Technology.

It was no doubt directly linked to the technology heist case Bruce and Tim were working on.

Thankfully nothing had been stolen from the labs as Nightwing and Red Hood had arrived right on time and chased after the group.

There was not much the rest of them could do except checking the camera footage and strengthening the security systems. Tim could not process how they could have gotten past the systems because he himself had made sure that they were impenetrable.

He knew a great technological mastermind was behind it all for there was no other way his systems could be pulled down. And the suspicion towards Lex Luthor deepened in his head the more he thought about it.

But there was no proof against him so they could not blame him outright.

He made up his mind to indirectly ask Irina about it but even that was a tough situation because to him it seemed as if Irina had started to suspect the possibility of him being Red Robin. And if he mentioned that case which the Bat vigilantes were working on in front of her, he could be taking a greater risk.

However after they got free from Wayne Tech, Tim went home along with Damian. Jon had reached Wayne Manor before them and brought back Tim's car as well.

He called Irina's number and she asked him to come over which was surprising as he had expected Lex to be there and since the news of their relationship had not been exposed to him, he couldn't see why she would call him there.

But he drove over to Luthor Mansion and was greeted by Miss Gibson, the house caretaker, who led him to the living room. Lena came down shortly afterwards and seeing Tim, a smile spread on her features.

"Tim, what a pleasant surprise."

"How are you, Aunt Lena?"

"I'm doing great," she took a seat across from him, "Irina will be down in a moment. It's good you came here, she's feeling slightly off right now."

He dipped his head apologetically, "I suppose that's due to me. I had to leave in the middle of our date due to some urgent problem at work. I'll try my best to make it up to her."

"Oh no no," she shook off his concern, smiling reassuringly at him, "you're not the cause to her mood change. It's Lex actually, and I think she called you here so that she could feel better."

His brow furrowed for he had not been expecting that, "is everything alright with Mister Luthor?"

"He had to go on a business trip. In fact he left just a short while ago," she elaborated, "but he has been acting strange from the past few days, I can't exactly place a finger on what's wrong. Maybe both me and Irina are just over thinking it. But ever since he left, she has been very quiet. I'm afraid he has said something to her but she isn't telling me."

That tiny piece of information was enough to stir Tim's curiosity. But Irina looked down from the stairs, catching his attention, "Aunt Lena, may I borrow Tim for a while?"

"He's all yours, dear."

"Tim, come up."

Lena smiled as she gave him a farewell glance and left for her own room while Tim climbed the stairs up to Irina's room.