[20]

The fire hadn't been fully put out yet when she reached East End. She was burning in fury as a dangerous sort of anger seemed to vibrate off her. Rushing into the crime scene because the police hadn't yet arrived, she looked among the debris for her father.

The whole building had collapsed and there was a lot of mess and ashes due to the fire but she pulled away the concrete blocks and other piles of material that had destructed in the fire and kept looking for Lex until she found him at last.

Buried deep under a heavy concrete slab was Lex's dead body, entangled in the remains of his techno-suit. Since the suit had malfunctioned and along with the fire to accelerate it all, his body had been ruined and mangled horribly. It was even harder to recognize him since his skin had charred and not much was left of him either.

Horrified by his pitiful state, she stumbled back, hands reaching up to her mouth in order to stop the scream that was about to rip apart from her. Nevertheless, a cry of distress escaped her for she had truly never thought that she would one day see her father reduced to such a terrible state.

And the fact that he was dead with no hope of being brought back tore at her heart.

He had just started to care for her, he was beginning to accept her after so long but all of a sudden things had taken such a drastic turn that she lost her father again. Only difference was that unlike before, it was forever.

She stumbled again as she backed off not being able to look at him any longer and almost lost her balance, but was steadied by firm hands that gripped her from the back. Tim's scent settled around her and she turned immediately but instead of seeing Tim, she came face to face with Red Robin.

Her mouth parted as if to say something but no words came out as the anger inside her was building up akin to a violent hurricane. Her tears had dried up from the fire that was burning in her eyes at seeing him.

She pushed him away from her and took out her pair of escrima sticks and he could see that she was armed enough to hurt him fatally.

"I do not intend to fight," he remarked as he backed off but held his bo staff at the ready, "I just want you to listen me."

"You all... You... You killed him!" She accused, the electric current threateningly blazing among her escrima sticks, "and you will pay."

With a swift movement, she had climbed off the debris and attacked him. He blocked her attacks by his bo staff but she was extremely aggressive, attacking from all sides, giving him a really hard time in defending himself.

"We did not kill him," he had managed to hold her back deflecting each blow of her escrima sticks, "there has been a huge misunderstanding."

"Liar!"

"Irina, trust me..."

But before he could complete the sentence, she had taken advantage of his slight distraction and inflicted a jolt of electricity on him.

The shock intensity was rather high as he was blasted far away from her, hitting his head on a fallen stone pillar. The cowl had protected his head from being severely injured but he could feel that the hit must have left a bruise.

She didn't even give him time to recover as she landed another blow. His whole body twitched from the shock and blood started to trickle down his nose.

It was then she stopped and held back her sticks, knowing that it wasn't the time to go for the final blow yet, "how the fuck do you know about me? And who the fuck are you?"

Her voice was threatening as the electric bolts on her sticks had gotten recharged and were flickering as well.

He coughed and spat out the blood filling up in his mouth, the back of his palm wiping off the blood trickling down from his nose.