[30]

Irina shut down her laptop after sending a few emails to Lex's former business partners. A few weeks had passed ever since the changing of LexCorp into LCorp and both aunt and niece were quite busy in handling the new company and reestablishing its good name among the people of Gotham.

Her phone vibrated as a text gleamed on the screen, Tim's contact flashing vividly: are you awake?

Yeah, why?

Seconds after, he replied: meet me at the rooftop.

Right now?

Yes.

She sighed wearily, resting her head back at the couch. She couldn't meet him at the rooftop like she used to earlier. Because before it had only been possible with her operating as a vigilante. But after recent events, she had decided never to put on her suit again. 

With a heavy heart, she typed back: I can't.

Not my rooftop, yours.

Irina was a little surprised to see that text but replied shortly: oh... Right.

Gathering up her stuff, she placed her laptop and files on the table, slipping her feet into her casual shoes and grabbed a shawl as well for it could get chilly on the roof at night.

She glanced at the clock; it was striking half past two. The oddity of the hour slightly perturbed her nevertheless she stepped out of her room, shutting the door gently behind her.

The Luthor Mansion was silent as she climbed up the stairs that led to the rooftop. Lena had gone to bed at her usual time and even Miss Gibson had retreated to her own portion.

Silently, she turned open the lock in the door and stepped out, the chilly night air brushing against her.

She hugged the shawl closer to herself, looking out for Tim in the dark but he was nowhere in sight. Though as she advanced forward, she saw a cape billowing in the wind and realization dawned upon her.

Tim was standing there, leaning against the railings but he was in his Red Robin suit and had probably stopped by after finishing his patrol duty in Gotham.

Sensing the movement behind him, he turned around to face her. The cowl was covering his head, his bo staff was attached securely at the back of his utility belt and the red on his suit was vivid, just like that night when she had almost beaten him up to death.

The chill that ran down her spine was colder than the night air as she hugged her shawl even tightly, taking a step back in alarm.

Seeing him like that before her only reminded her of that terrible encounter and the fear was evident in her wide green eyes.

Though at first Tim had been a little confused to see her thus but then he realized and slipped off the cowl from his head immediately, revealing the features that she was much familiar with.

"Irina," he spoke in a gentle voice as he reached out towards her but she took another step back.

Because even though the cowl wasn't covering his face anymore, it still reminded her of how she had seen him that night when he had revealed his identity at last. And even though he had no scratches or bruises on his face, she could still envision the blood smeared on his features that night as a result of being electrocuted.

It was too soon for her to see him as Red Robin because she hadn't fully recovered from that night's trauma yet. She was so close to the edge that he feared she would stumble off if she took another step back.