The Offer

Phew. I've come a long way in my thought life. I've done the dips, the turns, the flips and all.

I still post from my bedroom and it's the end of May already. Nothing much has changed from the physical perspective of things. I don't have a job yet but I have an offer from the school I enrolled in. Oh. I don't think I've mentioned that here before.

I have a strong interest in mental health and decided to do something formal about it. I registered to take a course in counselling to get exposed to some basic stuff about mental health. The training was worth the time and money cos I got a fresh perspective on so many things, plus new insights into others.

I had enrolled on an online class while I still had my job last year but I couldn't go through with it because of the stress of work. An opportunity came, after I resigned, for me to switch to classroom-based lectures and I did that this year.

We were able to round up lectures before the lockdown, so we just had to do exams and submit via mail.

That being said, I just received an offer from the lead counsellor and founder of the institute. I don't know the full terms of the offer yet, but I'm willing to take this up. I've been home for 2 months, so anything for a change? Count me in.

The office is far from home so my initial reservations were transport cost but not to bother, I've always been the "when we get to the bridge, we'll cross it" guy.

Right now, I'm just excited to be able to volunteer under this great institute, plus I'll get to meet a whole lot of people (I'll try not to cringe. Lolz).

I had lots of reading experiences these past few weeks though. I'll journal them down soonest.

Peace.

✌🏽✌🏽