Jobs and Alignment

It's been a while, and no, I didn't stop writing. I just took an unintentional break from posting. The month in between has been a sweet-crazy ride. LOL.

Firstly, you remember that volunteering job I got? For a start, the fees I was being paid per diem couldn't cover my transport expenses, talk less of getting me something to snack on during the day. I wondered how I survived though. 🙂🙂

I borrowed money to transport myself on the first day there and used a part of the daily fee to pay back what I owed. Somehow, I've survived, enjoying every bit of the moment spent. My initial role was to help create content for the various social media handles and website, so I needed data constantly. I had to stay up almost every night cos I could only afford the cheap midnight data bundle. It's what we get for being broke 😁😁😁. I earned a title among some of my friends. "Midnight."

Now I'm so used to staying up at night, I would wake every night and stay awake, even when there was nothing to do.

Yeah. And guess who just accepted an offer for a full-time position? 😎😎😎

No kidding. A day before the offer came, I remember sitting in the room with Joe, my Lil bro, and telling him how I loved to read and wished there was a job where you were being paid to read books. And just a day after, guess who got a job that involves lots of reading? 😎😎😎

It came with a price though. Do you know how you go for a job interview and you know you're going to smash it but you still won't get the job? Believe it or not, I had that feeling when I went for an accounting position at an engineering firm. I wanted to turn it down but it came from a very close person, he's my accountability partner, and he knows I was out of a job. Turning it down would have been a little insensitive knowing what he had to go through to get me that interview slot.

That morning, as I got dressed, I had that feeling, and just whispered to the universe. If this does not align with my vibes and goals, then let it not be mine. Do you remember my December vision? It already exists in my head. I live in it every day and just wait patiently for it to flesh out.

Guess what the interviewer said when I told him I loved reading and would love to further develop myself in the pursuit of knowledge? The man told me this. "... Then this job is not meant for you. You can't work here and have that luxury of time for any other thing. The job is time-consuming." All the red buttons in my head just went "beep beep beep."

Instantly, I knew it wouldn't even work with me. I have worked on getting attuned to my inner self and being one with the universe of things, and believe me when I say my guts didn't lie that morning. The man told me he'll get back to me. I knew he wouldn't and didn't even bother about it. He hasn't gotten back till today.

That's not even the price I paid. The same man who got me that interview slot got me another one at an aquaculture farm and the concluded position was a marketing role, where I had to pull in 4 million every month. This was before the ADI offer came. I already accepted it, though reluctantly, as there was no job at hand then. I was given until the end of the month (July) before a fixed resumption date would be set.

I had to call up ADI (that's the counseling organization where I volunteer) to inform them of my close departure. That was when they placed an offer. They said the salary they can afford was little for a graduate, and that was why they hadn't brought it up to me before. And indeed it's little. It barely covers my transport fare and leaves some extra change. But as they placed their offer, guess whose heart kicked, and whose vibes screamed "YES" and whose frequency hummed alignment? 😎😎😎😎

I told them to hold on, however. My response was "YES," in my heart, but I needed to convince my head to follow my heart this time. You remember my journey thus far? This was a key point for me. Here's a job offer granting huge monetary returns but no inner fulfillment, and here's another, with low monetary value at the moment, but full inner satisfaction. What would it be? The question wasn't one I had to think so long for. I had been trained and shaped by the universe these past few months.

I visited the counseling office the next week and as I discussed, my fingers were drumming on my knees at the excitement of resuming with them. And guess what? I'd be resuming right in the first week of August. ☺️😊☺️😊

I didn't have the heart to turn down the first offer (Aquafarm), so I just texted and turned it down. Somebody said it was rude to have texted and that since the first meeting was in-person, I should have either called or set up another meeting. I'm sorry, but I'm not used to facing situations like this head-on. So I rather hid behind my buttons. And by the way, I was as apologetic as I could get. For real.

My head sometimes shakes up and says, "What of your December vision? How do you plan on achieving that with the current pay?" I just laugh and calm it down. No rush. The universe is abundant. And so am I. There's no iota of doubt. I live in my vision already. I know the universe is aligning people and things to take care of me. So I don't stress it. They're paying 35k by the way, and my daily running expense is 1.5k. Do the math... 😜🤪😜🤪

My head can't seem to wrap itself around this line of thoughts, so my heart laughs every time... 😂😁😂😁😂

ADI is where the road has led me to. I eagerly look forward to what we're going to do together.

PS: I'll just drop some of the writings I made over the last few weeks in subsequent posts. (I'll reference as DP - Delayed Posts).

✌🏻✌🏻✌🏻✌🏻