In denial

Chapter 8:

      Ahsoka wakes up in the Medical Bay, refusing to believe what had happened to her. She sees Anakin asleep on a chair by her side, a hand holding hers. He opened his eyes and smiled at her. “Hi, Snips ! How are you feeling ?”

“I feel very broken.” she replied.

“Did you feel good sleeping ?”

“Yeah.”

“Ahsoka, what happened ?” asked her Master.

     Ahsoka completely stunned, still in denial, still in shock, tries to think about how things could have gone so badly, “I don't know, Master, I never slept with anyone. I swear, I don't understand how it was possible ! How this thing fell on me ?”.

    Anakin, putting a hand on her forearm, “I believe you ...” he assured her, then taking a look at the infants, decides to start the conversation, but being afraid that Ahsoka will stand against it, it would be gentle. Because for him, his Padawan, his daughter was still in denial, since the birth, she still refused to look at her twins. “What's up ?” she asks him.

“I want to talk about the twins-” he replies.

     Ahsoka, looking at her Master looks away immediately. “Oh, no ! You're not going to get started …”.

“Please, Ahsoka, listen to me, I know it's difficult-”

     She looked up at him. “Leave me alone with this ! Everyone tells me what to do ! But I never wanted to have a baby !”.

“But they are here, they need you …”.

“And I need to be left alone.”

“Look at them, Snips-”.

     Ahsoka, refusing the bright eyes filled with tears, “No ...” shaking her head. “I didn't ask for anything.”

    Anakin, seeing her reaction tries to comfort her. “They didn't ask for anything either, it's not their fault. They had nothing to do with it.”

  Ahsoka, looking down. “I know.” then looking up at her Master.

  “It's just two little ones. Innocents beings, and we protect them the innocent, right ?” he asked her, pointing to the infants.

    Ahsoka, look at him with tear-filled eyes. “But I can't believe their are mine ! ...” a tear rolled down her cheek. “That it's my kids !”

   Anakin tries to comfort her by sending waves of comfort through the Force. “Ahsoka, we are going to find out what happened. But in the meantime you will have to make a decision: you recognize them and raised them.” He began.

    “Or I abandon them and thus renounce my parental rights.” she ends for him. “I don't know, I still don't understand how it is possible, how did I get pregnant ?”

   “I don't know, Snips, I don't know.”. He took her in his arms, stroking her back lekku trying to appease her, “They will need a name to declare them to the Civil Registry. Have you thought about it ?”

   Ahsoka rejects this idea, not understanding how he could ask her for such a thing. “I don't know ... I don't really want to think about it for the moment.”

  “I understand.” he said, understanding, “But it's important to do it, you have a few days before you choose, but … but it's important to them … really.”