"You are their mother !"

Chapter 17:

The next day, after doing a lot of research and getting in touch with a family judge, Ahsoka began to write a letter of renunciation of her parental rights in which she explained her choice to abandon the twins and entrust them to the Child Welfare.

Anakin, returning from the Temple surprises her. "What are you writing ?" he asks her.

Eyes riveted on her sheet, continuing to write. "I am making a letter of renunciation of my parental rights." she explained to him.

Her Master is in shock. "Come on, Snips, no, it's not possible, you can't stay on this decision ?" he said almost upset.

"It's already decided." she said to him. Anakin took it from her hands and reads it:

Madam, Sir, the judge,

I, the undersigned Ahsoka Tano, Jedi Padawan Apprentice under the tutelage of Master Skywalker. Declare in this letter to abandon my son Caesar, and my daughter, Ashla both born May 4 th, 2019, in 20 BBY on Coruscant. I thus renounce my parental authority and my rights over them.

I make this choice to give them every chance of having a real family and good loving parents. Also, I ask that my identity not be revealed to them when they reache the age of majority.

Receive Mrs., Mr. The Judge, the expression of my respect.

A.Tano

Anakin is in shock. "You ask that your identity not be revealed to them ?" he asks her.

"This is what's best for them." she told him. "I have an appointment this afternoon with Bail Organa to start the proceedings."

By pointing to the twins in their baby basket next to her on the table. "Do you realize that after all this, you will never be able to see your son, or daughter again ?" he said to her.

By nodding, "Yes, and it's my decision." she told him.

Anakin, trying to dissuade her. "Ahsoka, give it some thought about it, a little more." he asks her.

"I'm only doing this ... It's all considered, Master."

"Ahsoka, you can't just give them up ? No, it's not possible !"

"I'm not giving them up," she said, looking up at him, "I'm leaving them to people who know how to take care of them."

"But nothing will ever be worth their real mom !"

"Except when their real mom isn't even able to love them."

"But you are, Snips." he said, softly, "I know you are."

"This is what you want to believe, Master, this is what you all want to believe, but I have already tried, it does not work !"

"But it will come." He said, "Come on, Ahsoka, you can't give them up ... If you give them up, all of their lives, ... they're going to wonder why. You know, there is nothing worse for a child ... than to feel rejected by his parents-"

At his words, she looked up at him, slightly annoyed, feeling persecuted and judged instead of supported, "Stop Master. Stop talking to me like I'm a monster. If I do this it's for them."

"But I don't see you as a monster at all, Snips." He reassured her, "You're just completely lost."

"Exactly, completely lost and unable to raise a child."