First Steps

Chapter 13: 

      Ahsoka, sitting on her bed with Padmé at her side, still looking at her sleeping son in his cradle, next to his sister, while Obi-Wan and Anakin burst into the bedroom. Her Master rushes to her side and embraces his Padawan, his daughter, this side of Anakin was unknown to her, he had only hugged her once, and it was on 'Mortis' when she woke up on the ground, alongside her Master and Obi-Wan. Anakin had always refused to tell her what had happened, but she had sensed that he was worried to death, and kissed her, tenderly on the forehead.

“Hi, Snips !” Anakin, greeted her with a smile. 

    “Hello, Young One.” Obi-Wan smiled, then he looked up at his friend, “Senator Amidala.”

    “Master Kenobi.” she greeted him, with a smile before looking up at her husband who was smiling at her.

   “Hello, Master. Hello, Master Obi-Wan.” she greeted them, returning the hug to her Master and his smile. “I found a first name.”

At her words, Anakin smiled, taking her hand. “This is good news, that ! What are you going to call them ?”

“Caesar.” she replied. 

   “Oh ! It's pretty 'Caesar', very good choice, Snips.” Anakin replied, glancing at the baby.

   “It was Padmé's favorite first name among all the others.” she replied.

“What about the little girl ?” Obi-Wan asked her.

She shrugs, “We haven't found it yet,” the young mother replies.

    “Although, first names, aren't missing: Leia ? Luna ? Emma ? Clara ? Abby ? Jade ? Lucy ?” Quoted Anakin to her.

Obi-Wan, stroking his beard in a moment of thought, then staring at the little girl, before looking up at her mother, “May I ?”

    “If you have any suggestions, go ahead !” Ahsoka told them.

    “I think I remember 'Ashla' means Light in your language, right ?”.

    “Right ... This is also the name of a deity on Shili ...” Like with Caesar, she laid her eyes on his sister for the first time since their birth. “Ashla …” she repeated.

   “It suits them very well !” her Master replied, getting up to face the babies, “Oh, little lotcat ! Hé, Buddy,” he whispered before taking her son in his arms, hoping to have him carried by Ahsoka who had always refused to have any contact with them, “You think you want to take him a bit with you today ?” He asked her, approaching her with her son in his arms.

     Ahsoka, still looking at the baby in her Master's arms, thinking about this idea. “No, well, I don't really know !” she replied.

   Anakin, still hoping that Ahsoka would eventually agree, decides to give it a second try, hoping it would be the right one. “I can help you if you want ? Shall we try ?” he suggested.

  “Ok,” Ahsoka replies, nodding. 

    Anakin still having him in his arms, places him, delicately in those of his Apprentice, his daughter. “Slowly !”

    “That's great,” Padmé said, as Ahsoka put her arms around the baby to hold him properly and securely, “Now lift your elbow just a bit ...” she advised her, showing her the gesture. “It's just to keep his head from falling back.” she finished.

   “Am I hurting him ?” she asks, looking up at her, unsure of what she was doing,

   “No, on the contrary, that's great !” Padmé assured her, smiling.

    Ahsoka, looked down, looking at the baby in her arms, she ran a hand very gently over his face, and ended up smiling at him, very slightly. Anakin, Obi-Wan and Padmé remain touched towards the first step, which Ahsoka took towards her son.