"I won't be able to attach myself to these kids"

Chapter 16:

Two weeks later, Ahsoka was alone with Caesar and Ashla in their cozy maxi posed on the small coffee table and Rex had come to visit them. She welcomed him, and they settled in the living room.

"They are adorable, Commander !" he pointed out to her. Ahsoka staring at him still ignoring his remark to her twins. She still had a hard time with that, telling herself that they were hers.

"You find ?" she asks him.

"Yes, they are super cute." he replied.

Looking at her twins. "I don't find them cute ... I find them ... nothing and I can tell anyone." replied the young mother, looking away.

Rex, still looking at her, understood that she was completely lost and that she had a lot on her heart. "Yes, you can, Commander. I won't judge you." He told her.

The young Togruta shaking her head, negatively. "I don't understand Rex, why me ? Why did this thing fall on me ?" she asked while continuing to look at him and glancing from time to time at the babies.

"I don't know, Kid." he replied.

"You can't understand, it's as if my life had been taken from me." Rex still listening to her, she continues, "I know it's not their fault. But they ruin my life." She finished, before looking away and then looking at him. "You must take me for a madwoman."

Rex smiled at her, looking at her. "No of course not, Kid."

"Besides, I don't know how they can be so perfect with their children ! Master Skywalker and the Senator are so ... so perfect with them !"

"And you ?" Rex asked her.

Looking at the twins. "I'm not like them." Looking at Captain Clone. "I am not a good mother."

Rex, trying to reassure her. "It takes time before it becomes. Be patient."

Ahsoka, looking at him, shaking her head. "But I don't care ! I'm sixteen years old. I'm supposed to pass the trials to become a Jedi Knight, Defend the Republic, Fight the Separatists and that's it !", glancing at the babies. "And not change the diapers of an infant. I feel like I have landed in an adult life when I am still myself, and I am sixteen years old." she finishes telling him.

"Is everyone okay in the 501st ?" asked Ahsoka.

"Yes, everyone is fine. They ask Master Skywalker every day about you." he replied.

"Who they ?"

"Everyone: Fives, Echo, Kix, Jesse, you mean a lot to us, Commander." Rex told her.

She smiled at him and had a small tear rolling on her cheek, he notices. "Are you all right, Commander Ahsoka ?"

She nodded. "Yes, that's fine. When we are between us, you can call me, Ahsoka, Rex. We are above all, friends."

He smiled at her and nodded. "Okay, Ahsoka.".

"I heard that you, the 501st and the 212th were in the Saleucamai system with Anakin and Obi-Wan to stop Grievous."

"Yes, but he run away ?"

"I'm not surprised. If you knew how I miss being no longer on the ground ! I can no longer stay locked up here !" she confessed to him.