"Where are my babies ?"

Chapter 22:    

    Anakin and Ahsoka have just arrived at Padmé's apartment, the young mother did not leave her son, still holding him in her arms, settled in the living room.

Anakin, put Ashla, still asleep in her baby basket, on the coffee table, sat next to them, watching her until his apprentice broke the silence and turned to him. “Master, I still cannot feel anything for them ... I have the impression that I will never succeed !”

      Her Master looking at her placing a comforting hand on her shoulder, pointing to the infants. “You'll get there, Ahsoka. It's your kids.”

Ahsoka smiled slightly at him, redirecting her gaze to her sleeping son and daughter. “I hope you are right ...”

  “I'm always right !” he teased her with a smile which she returned to him and noticed that the infant was asleep in her arms.

Anakin took care of taking out the twins's belongings which they had put away with Padmé when his Padawan had entrusted them to Satine: the bottle warmer, the baby-phones, the rattles and stuffed animals as well as their cradle. “Ahsoka, the cradle where do you want me to put it ?” he asked her.

  His apprentice looking up at him. “In my room, after all that has happened it is better that they stay with me.” She explained to him.

  Her Master complies and takes it upstairs to his Padawan's room. Ahsoka got up from the couch, retrieved a baby phone and activated the other, then she followed him with her son, who was asleep in her room. She puts him in his crib and leaves a baby monitor on her little bedside table to hear everything going on there. Then Anakin, and she slowly come back down to the living room.

  His communicator rings, the Jedi Knight and decides to answer it.
“Skywalker, Here.”

  “Anakin. This is Obi-Wan. I will need you and Ahsoka in the Jedi Council Chamber immediately !”.

  “Master, the twins have just fallen asleep ... Is it really necessary, Now ?”.

    “Yes, Anakin, and I am sorry, but you are both expected by the Jedi Council !”.

“Very well, Master, we are coming !”.

Anakin, having cut the communication, looks at his half-asleep apprentice on the couch. “Ahsoka !” but as she didn't answer, he shook her gently, and she woke up. “We have to go, Snips ! The Jedi Council wants to see us, it's urgent !”.

  “But Master, how am I going to do with the twins ? I'm not going to leave them alone, here ?”.

  “No. Of course not, Snips ... We will take them, with us !”.

     Anakin heard the baby phone and looked at his Padawan. “Well, he just woke up !”.

Ahsoka, turning to him. “It looks like yes, I'll get him !”. She goes upstairs and takes her son with his pacifier in his mouth, in her arms with a blanket, then she goes back down to the living room with him.

    She wraps him in their blanket and puts it in the basket, next to his sister then gently transports it, and with Anakin the four of them leave the apartment towards the Jedi Council.