Hosta.

Jailyn~

"Happy Mother's day," Christian says coming back into our bedroom after getting back from his work out. I still haven't gotten up after having been up for the last hour. He's got a big smile on his face as he pulls out a bouquet of flowers and a little Blue box.

I push myself up to sit up against our headboard as he comes over and hands them to me. Mother's Day, that's always a fun one, isn't it? I guess now it takes on a new meaning than it has for the last twelve years, doesn't it? Accepting the gifts from my husband I set the flowers on the side table as I pull on the bow of the box and then take the lid off. Taking the little jewelry bag out I find the beautiful rose gold watch and pull it out. It's very sleek and minimal with four little lines on each quarter of the watch face that is surrounded by three rows of little Tiffany diamonds embedded into it.

"It's beautiful Christian," I tell him slipping the beautiful new watch onto my wrist, "Thank you."

"Thank you," Christian says, "You're carrying our son right now like the badass that you are, you deserve to be celebrated."

I chuckle a little forcing a bit of a smile, "Yeah. . . Todays just hard and it's the first one I've been home for now in nine years. Even though it's my first and I'm excited to be a mom soon I just wish that mine were here and she could be a part of this next chapter for me."

Christian gives me a slightly sympathetic smile as he nods understanding, "If there's anything that you need from me today just ask okay? Obviously, we've got a game today but anything you need today JJ you just let me know."

"Thank you," I reply with a little smile, "We should get these in a vase."

"Well then get your ass up momma," Christian teases as he stands up from off our bed and he holds out a hand for me. I take it and let him help me up as if I really needed it right now. I'm not quite big enough for that yet. "When are you thinking we should break the news to the public? Cause he's getting a little bit big to hide don't you think?"

"Are you calling me fat? And on Mother's day?" I ask teasing him a little laughing, "I don't know when do you want to? You'll get the brunt of any attention from it I bet since I'm not exactly super relevant right now apart from people claiming Team USA can't win without me which isn't true."

"Can I post about it today?" Christian asks, "I wanna show off both of the most important women in my life today. I also got a really cute picture of you during the whole three am cookie fiasco."

God, he's cute, "If you want to announce our kid today, we can announce our kid today. It might actually be a nice little distraction for me. We should post at the same time though like when we got engaged."

"Well get on your post then cause I've got mine figured out already," Christian says pulling out his phone and sitting back down on our bed. Oh, he means like he wants to do it right now. I can't help but laugh at his excitement right now as I sit next to him and see the picture he's got. There I am, sitting on the counter the pickle jar between my legs in only a sports bra and shorts as I hold onto the sides of my little grapefruit bump. He was right, it's a pretty cute picture.

I head back to my phone and open Instagram and scroll through my saved photos and find the one of my mom and my siblings and I that was always her favorite. I was probably only like three when it was taken, I don't know exactly why it was her favorite but she always commented that it was. I take that one as the first picture before scrolling back and finding the video I took almost a week ago of little man kicking around letting me know he's still chilling. Every so often in between the little jiggles you could see my skin push up a little as his arm or leg would hit it, it's kinda weird to look at but one of the coolest things ever at the same time. Adding that to the set I head to the caption and begin typing.