Cross-Examination.

Jailyn~

"Congratulations Jailyn on what is it, your fifth World Softball Championship?" Nicks lawyer Michael asks.

"It's my fifth yes," I reply, "Thank you."

"I suppose I should also congratulate you on your marriage to now four-time National League MVP and two time World Series Champion, Christian Yelich."

What exactly is he trying to achieve listing mine and Christians accolades here? "Thank you."

"Aren't you also the youngest member of the National Softball Hall-of-Fame?"

"As far as I'm aware yes," I respond still confused as to what he's doing as none of this should have any relevance to why we're here today.

"You were inducted in at twenty-three and you're twenty-five now correct?"

I glance over at Jessica as I answer and she looks almost as confused as I feel right now, "Yes."

"And when exactly did you and your husband meet?"

"Objection your honor, Relevance?" Jessica says standing up.

"I'm getting there your honor," Michael replies.

The judge looks between the two before looking at Jessica and replying, "Overruled, get to the point Mr.Clark."

"When did you and Christian meet, Jailyn?"

"In the middle of June 2019, it was right after the semester ended. Christian played a game against the Rockies at Miller Park. My friend Kristen and I went to the game and then to the bar our friend Tyler works at and not too long after Christian came in. We bumped into each other right outside of the bathroom." I retell. Is it not incredibly public knowledge at this point? We didn't immediately confirm it but it's been confirmed multiple times over since then.

Michael nods at my response, "And am I correct to assume that you were, in fact, the woman in the Instagram video Christian posted in September 2019?"

"You would be correct yes," I respond, "However that, along with everything you've asked me about now has been public information for a few years now."

"I am well aware of that Ms. Jailyn," I have to restrain myself from blatantly rolling my eyes at how condescending his tone was. It's Mrs. and my last name or Jailyn. "I'm just clarifying this for those here today who may not know. So since it was you in that video, and since you and Christian had known each other for months at the point it was posted why would you both deny that it was you and then go on to deny even knowing each other until August 2020?"

There's his point. He's trying to discredit my testimony. "At the time the video was posted I was still a member of the NCAA and was facing a multiple game suspension given I was obviously intoxicated in the video. I was a college athlete at the time and I wasn't in the public eye until that point and everyone seemed to have an issue with Christian and I hanging out. To try and counter all the hate I was receiving at the time we decided it would be in our best interest to keep our relationship at the time secret."

"So between the two of you, you decided to lie to the public about your relationship for over a year even after you had made the Olympic team and proven yourself to be a phenomenal athlete?"

"If that's what you want to say about it," I respond, it's getting a lot harder to restrain myself from catching an attitude knowing how he's trying to spin this. "Given how people reacted to a barely thirty-second video we didn't want the backlash of it and didn't need people assuming things about our relationship that they seemingly already were."