JJ-MJ

Jailyn~

"Honestly Jimmy, I couldn't tell you why I'm here right now," I say laughing with the audience, "Like everything I have going on doesn't come out until my season starts up again, my agent just hit me up like, 'Hey, you finished up in Portland? Great head to New York.'"

Jimmy Fallon laughs his pretty iconic laugh before asking, "So you've got nothing going on? That you're here to talk about? You can't even give us a hint as to what it is?"

"I mean I can," I say flipping my hair over my shoulder, "But I don't like, have anything to show for it so I'm like super confused of what to do right now. I've got a campaign with Adidas that is just getting wrapped up, we just finished the shoot for that and it drops in a little over two months now, then the rest of the girls on Team USA did a few promotional videos that are set to come out right around our first games along with some hype videos for the middle of our season. So I've been busy just not really with anything that I've got really anything to share with everyone."

"I'm sure being one of the biggest name in sports right now you're incredibly busy all the time, do you ever really get time off? We've seen the pictures of you and your husband, who's also an incredible athlete Christian Yelich of the Milwaukee Brewers, in Seychelles a few months ago. Other than that with both your schedules do you get any real-time off?" Jimmy asks.

I nod, "Yeah, it sort of depends on how our seasons go. I usually can get my press obligations out of the way after winning World Championships," I pause a little laughing slightly as the audience cheers at the slight flex, "by the time that Christian is making a post-season push so I get to end up around for all of those. Every year besides this year I've been doing increasingly more press and getting requests to come and do shows because of how much more mainstream softball is finally becoming and just how much attention people are paying to me. For the most part though if there isn't a ton of October baseball both of us are relatively free November through the middle of January. If Christian has a season though like this years where he wins an MVP and a World Series, he doesn't really get the chance to have an off-season. This year was just a little weird given some very unfortunate events taking place." I explain, "That gave us an excuse to really be able to say no to everything for a while. Which then allowed us to not really be bugged about anything which was incredibly nice and not something that we're too used to anymore."

"Would you mind speaking on that a little?" Jimmy asks clearly sympathetic to me, "Obviously a lot of your personal life was forced out in a pretty terrible manner so I'm not going to linger on it too much."

"Yeah," I say biting my lip a little as I nod again, "Obviously it happened and it's out there, it's not something that I like to talk about or really feel like I should talk about because that's exactly what he wanted. There was undeniable proof that he had, in fact, killed his girlfriend and he refused to admit and accept the plea deal. My name got attached and he wanted to make it a show, and unfortunately, a lot of people like him see that as the opportunity to make their name known. I haven't said his name since the whole trial panned out and I don't plan on ever saying it again because that's exactly what he was looking for and I'd like for him to get nothing out of what he did besides a hefty prison sentence." I take a moment to pause and reflect before adding, "I'm fine, everything that happened to me has been handled in therapy and dealt with years ago. I'm arguably in the best place I've been in, in a long time. Apart from the trial and a relatively minor injury this year has been one of the best of my life for so many reasons. I'd honestly just love if everyone else would move on from the trial and everything that came out because of it, because I have."

"You mentioned your minor shoulder injury," Jimmy says segwaying out of it, "You separated your shoulder in the middle of your season when you collided with your teammate Natasha Banks. Then you were out for the rest of the season or supposed to be, and the team went on a losing streak barely scraping into the World Softball Series as the bottom seed. You come back after saying you didn't think it was on the table and go on to win your fifth gold medal, that's insane. You like can't even write stuff like that, so talk me through that because I'm still in shock over it."