Prosecution Part 1

(A lot of back story here in the next few chapters, may be triggering for some. Most if not all has already been covered before however I feel it's important to do so again in this scenario and there is a lot more detail than before. T/W Domestic abuse/Sexual abuse. (where my commenters been again y'all got quiet on me lmao))

Jailyn~

"Thank you for meeting us Jailyn. I know this is probably a confusing time for you given everything that's happening but you're going to more than likely end up being a key factor in bringing Nick to justice. Also you being able to testify is going to help the Taylors get a little bit of closure in this whole thing. We understand how busy you are and we're thankful that you've agreed to be here." Jessica the lead prosecution tells me as she sits across the desk in her office after shutting the door behind us, "How are you doing Jailyn? It's been a pretty exciting and hectic past few months right?"

"I'm doing good, and it definitely has been. Coming off a shoulder injury and winning another world championship while my husband is having another MVP season, pretty crazy. It's not too often that all happens in one year and getting married too," I respond chuckling a little. 

"Congratulations on all of that. You're obviously an incredible athlete as is your husband and it's been very fun to watch that play out as a fan of both of yours. You two still doing okay?" She asks, she's just trying to make things comfortable before we actually get into shit. I'm not too sure that I mind though.

I nod with a small smile, "We're great. We've been very happy and I'm pretty lucky to have him." 

"Well that's definitely good to hear. We, I guess, should get started with this then shall we?" I just nod as she shifts through some papers in front of her, "When did you first meet Nick Kelley?"

"I met Nick in July 2016 when I'd gotten hired at the same Payless as him. I was seventeen and he was eighteen at the time." 

"What would you say your relationship was at that time and the time frame following?"

"We talked a little and it got flirty relatively quickly." I respond honestly, "Around august we hung out once or twice outside of work and would talk often. I think for a while there was mutual attraction there. He was hanging out with another of our coworkers as well both her and I were under the impression he was only talking to us as he was at the time. Then he showed up with a third girl who he ended up dating for about a month. I told him off about it and I stopped trying to get anywhere because he had his girlfriend at the time even though he continued to hit on me while with her."

"How would he hit on you?" 

I shake my head a little, "Just little things, I got pneumonia right after and I came back to work one day. He messaged me telling me that I looked beautiful after he left claiming he got nervous while we were both at the store. Anytime him and I would end up working together he would hug up on me acting like nothing had happened and he didn't have a girlfriend."

"How long did his relationship with this girlfriend last then?" Jessica asks jotting notes down as we talk.

"About a month I think." 

Jessica nods, "Do you know why it ended?" 

"I messaged her after me and Nick had broken up and she'd told me that her parents didn't like him and he treated her the same way that he'd treated me. She said that he'd snap her pictures of him in bed with other girls too. At the time they broke up he'd claimed that it was because he talked about me too much." 

"How did your relationship with Nick change once they broke up?" 

"I mean," I shrug a little, "It didn't too much. He continued to flirt with me as if we never had any issues before he messaged me on thanksgiving of that year at two am after we closed before Black Friday, 'Love me, be my girlfriend that becomes my wife.'"