Once In a Lifetime.

Jailyn~

"@JailynJames: Ryker Barrett Yelich, born September 9th, 2029 at 10:47 am weighing 8 pounds and 11 ounces.
.
.
.
Ryker; Fast Strider (English) Prosperous (German) Strength (Danish) This little dude decided to make his first appearance three weeks before he was due, forty minutes after my water broke, on the floor of my bedroom, delivered by his baseball player daddy. Probably the craziest birth story you could've ever had and you scared the crap out of your daddy and I but you're already the most incredible thing to ever happen in our lives and we love you so much already. Even if you were an awful lot of trouble in your first moments of life. I love you Ryker and I cannot wait to see who you grow up to be." I pen out my Instagram post as Christian and I decided that we'd announce his arrival officially to the world as we start the last series of Christians regular-season games ever.

It's bittersweet, to say the least, Christian has had an incredible career and has three World Series wins under his belt already, and hopefully, he'll be able to help the crew to a fourth in a few weeks here now. It's actually probably an even better thing that Ryk came early. Christian can just enjoy his last official week as a professional player without having to stress about me or him coming and missing it or something even if he almost did because of how damn fast Ryker wanted to be.

I watch the game on the TV as I lay on the couch with Ryk laying on my chest all curled up adorably. I've never been so in love in my life and I just can't believe how perfect the little guy is. His dark hair lays flat on his little head and adorable little nose that tips up slightly at the tip, his tiny mouth pretty close to Christians while his eyes are more like mine only a darker hazel than mine. They could lighten up though as he grows up. It's completely surreal that he's laying on my chest right now as we watch his daddy on TV, a perfect little combination of Christian and I. I might just think that through because he looks like Christian more than me except for his eyes. No matter what though I'm sure I'd have thought the same thing, that he's perfect.

"Babe look," Christian says pulling up his phone to show me, "Babys first trending topic." I look at his phone from where he's laying in my lap while we wait for Ryk to wake up one more time before we head to bed. Sure enough, Ryker Barrett Yelich is trending along with Ryker and Yelich. Damn people really give a damn about our baby to the point they got his name trending in the US and then two other trends in Wisconsin. We're definitely going to have to limit what we post of him especially once he stops just looking like a baby. I don't want to expose him to everything that comes with social media until he can consciously decide if he wants to be on it.

"That's crazy," I say shaking my head a little playing with Christians hair as he's been laying in my lap while we wait. "I was just thinking when he starts looking less like every other baby we should probably stop posting much about him just because I don't want to expose him to that shit especially if he's not even aware of it or might not even want to be a part of it."

"I definitely agree," Christian tells me, "Especially when he starts getting recognizable."

I nod agreeing with him, "How are you doing?"

"Me?" Christian asks looking up at me as I nod again, "Fine?"

"Yeah? It's a pretty big series you're in right now, you've already got your playoff berth but it's your last regular-season series ever it's gotta be pretty weird. I know it was for me at the end of last season and I wasn't even sure then that I was done."

Christian nods now, "I mean obviously it's kinda sad but I'm really happy with where I'll have left and this last season no matter what happens with the playoffs. It's time and I know that and I'm okay with that. Especially actually getting to see and be with you and Ryker. I've had an incredible run and I'm more than happy leaving where it's at now and getting to spend time with you two and be present for more than just four or five months out of the year. That little dude has me wrapped around his little fingers tighter than you ever have."