Maybe We'll Have To Go Sometime.

(I watch my niece and nephew during the day 3 days a week currently and its literally 58 degrees in their house and I'm pretty sure their heat/ac is broken, these are not great working conditions. haha)

Jailyn~

Pulling up Instagram I post ten of the fifteen pictures that were published today incredibly excited over how they turned out. Leading off with that accidental moment when 'Successful' came on and me smirking, funny how this is the one that made the cover. I type out my caption. "@JailynJames: Get your copy of this years edition of ESPN's 'The Body Issue' with me showing it all on the cover ;) Such an incredible experience shout out to @hanaasano these all turned out beautiful and I cannot thank you enough for making this so fun and comfortable to do!" I post it myself and head to Hanas page to see what her post said.

She took the same picture I did as her first post, it makes sense seeing as it is the cover of the magazine. "@HanaAsano: 'It feels so good to have this fun and be this young and be successful.' It's an honor to be asked to photograph the stunning Jailyn James-Yelich, let alone have our accidental moment grace the cover! Once again there are so many people to thank. Jailyn James-Yelich -- Thank you for being so unapologetically yourself. The laughter and talent you brought out was incredible to be able to work with and get the chance to showcase like this. You're stunningly beautiful, compassionate, kind, and strong. Thank you for trusting me." She went on to thank the people who put on the shoot and the crew who had helped her. I type out a comment, "@JailynJames: All the shots turned out incredible and so beautiful! You're a fantastic photographer and I feel so lucky to have gotten to work with you!" 

As expected I've gotten a ton of notifications already this morning since the magazine and pictures dropped. Christian comments on my post and I catch the notification laughing, @ChristianYelich: So uh, how long until your season ends now?" He added the little drooling emoji before continuing with, "Just out of curiosity, no other reasons." Giggling a little to myself I like the comment and respond "@JailynJames: Just about a month and a half xD."

I go to Christian's page and see the most recent post is of me. He picked the picture of me 'diving' into second base and captioned it with "@ChristianYelich: Go check out my stunning wife on the cover of this year's Body Issue. This girl shows me every single day how incredibly lucky I am to be married to her, even though she's a better athlete than me. I love you JJ and I can't wait to see you once your season wraps up and you're a six-time World Champion." 

"@JailynJames: I love you, don't jinx it! See you soon!" I add a red heart commenting back on his post. 

Heading over to twitter I pick out four shots and post them with a line from 'Successful' and leave it at that liking a few tweets hyping me up. There are a few comments that aren't exactly supportive that I just scroll past ignoring. People are always going to have shit to say about any athlete who does this. For the most part, most of what I see is people commenting on how great the photos came out. Damn, if I knew I would get this much of a confidence boost I'd have tried to get this done years ago. 

It's been relatively easy to ignore everything people have been saying negatively just because they're just stupid and making it an issue somehow. One tweet, however, rubs me the wrong way. Some random butt hurt guy posted a screenshot of my quotes saying, "I just come out to hit dingers," and "Jimmy Fallon made the comment that I'm the Michael Jordan of softball." Along with the screenshots, he also felt compelled to say, "@xR23y51srx34: @JailynJames talks a big game as if she's actually doing something special." 

I roll my eyes and head to the safari app on my phone and type in 'Jailyn James-Yelich home run count 2026' and hit search. Chuckling a little as I see the '63' on the screen from this season so far I screenshot it heading back to twitter and quoting the tweet adding the screenshot. "@JailynJames: Hmmm... I'm on track, with a month and a half of my season, to hit at LEAST 11 more homers to beat the MLB's single-season record. With 50 some less games and MANY clean drug tests. I think anyone but you is thinking that's a pretty big deal." I really am about to break a 25-year-old record huh? I'm about to break it clean even too. That's absolutely insane.