Support Team.

Jailyn~

Christian is watching TV lounged out on the couch when I come in. "Hey," He says looking up at me as I come into the room, "How'd it go?" I just shake my head a little as he holds his arms open for me. I sit with him and curl up as he pulls me up slightly onto him and I lay my head on his chest as I hold him hugging him.

"I'm not sure that I'm ready to handle what's about to come at me," I tell him quietly. "What I did is important obviously, but now every single person who wants to, is going to be able to know everything that happened."

Christian takes a deep breath as he moves his hand up my arm holding onto me tightly while I still cling to him, "How do you figure that?"

"Everything I said today was recorded," I tell him not moving. "The woman who was questioning me and taking my testimony was recording it all and told me that they would present the footage and recording in court first. Then I would be asked to take the stand and get questioned further. Everything is also going to be public information given the status of the case and now my involvement in it."

"The whole trial isn't going to be televised or anything is it?" Christian asks I shake my head.

"I'd try whatever I'd have to to make sure it wasn't. Nick has always been obsessed with fame. He'd make it a show. I don't think I've ever blatantly told you this but the way Nick is and the way he spins and manipulates shit, it's very Ted Bundy like. That's what almost freaks me out the most."

Christian doesn't respond right away, I'm guessing he has to process that a little. It's really not every day that there's a comparison to a serial killer made. "What do you mean I guess when you say Ted Bundy like?"

"Ted Bundy was always seen as a charming charismatic guy. No one would have really guessed he was who he was just based on meeting him. There were red flags obviously but he had a way of flipping the narrative almost. The dude had groupies waiting for him at his trial even. Nick at a first glance is an I guess conventionally good looking dude. He had girls pining over him as long as I knew him it seemed like. He had this way of talking his way out of pretty much everything and lying just effortlessly to get what he wanted. Clearly, he was capable of a lot more than he let on but for most, if you passed him on the street you wouldn't even bat an eye over it."

"That's," Christian says pausing a little, "Wow, do you know what they're trying to charge him with?"

"There I guess isn't really any evidence that it was premeditated so second-degree murder and then given my report and everything two counts of domestic violence. Meaning that they're also trying him for me. I, I guess, have enough of a testimony that they think they can get him charged for granted I provide evidence of any messages. I've got literally every single one of my old phones still so a lot of the messages are still there."

"How are you feeling about that?"

I shrug a little against him still, "Like I shouldn't bother with it. That aspect of my life feels like it was so far away that it's almost like what's the point? A few years ago I would've done anything for the opportunity to get to see him put away for the shit he did. Now I almost feel like all that's going to happen is take away from what he did to Olivia. That's not really okay with me."

"JJ, even if the focus shifts to you and your story. Olivia can't say hers. You almost get to be the person who gets her the justice she deserves." I just nod a little, "What are his charges looking like?"

"In Wisconsin, second-degree murder is a Class B felony and has a maximum of sixty years in prison. Then for the domestic violence charges, I believe its seven to fifteen years if he's found guilty. My guess is that at absolute best for my case against him he'd get seven. I don't have any substantial evidence against him though. He never hit me or left any physical marks or anything like that so I don't know the likelihood that he'd going to get convicted of that even. That's basically the whole reason I didn't try to press charges in the first place. Absolute best-case-scenario, he gets the full ninety years that he's potentially up for."