Designing.

Jailyn~

As I'm replacing the ice pack on my shoulder, there's a quick knock at the door. Glancing at the time as I'm shutting the freezer, I furrow my brow slightly. It's barely nine in the morning. Holding the ice pack to my shoulder, I pull up my phone to check our camera and see a delivery guy waiting with a relatively large box in hand. When was the last time I ordered anything?

Heading to the door, I open it for him as I greet him, "Hello."

"Hey, I've got a delivery for Jailyn Yelich?" He states, offering me the package. Setting the icepack I'd been holding down on our entryway table, I take the box from him in both hands, still confused as to what it could be. Glancing at the label, it looks to be from a florist.

"Thank you," I say, setting the box to the side as well, "Did you need me to sign for this?"

"Yeah, right here," He says, offering his scanner my way. Scribbling down my name quickly, I give him the stylus back, "Thank you. Have a nice rest of your day."

"Thanks, you too," I reply, glancing back down at the box as he turns to head back to his truck. Shutting and locking the front door again, I grab the box and head back to the kitchen. Setting the box down on the table of our breakfast nook, I head over to grab the kitchen scissors.

Sliding the blade of the scissors down the seam of the box covered in the packing tape and shipping label, I open the flaps and can't help the smile on my face as I see the familiar colors of the arrangement. Taking the scissors again, I cut down the corners of the box, giving me easier access to pull the whole set out. The deep jewel-toned flowers, echoing those of Christian and my wedding, are stunning as a gorgeous deep amethyst crystal vase complements them. Jeff Leatham, much like our wedding day, has once again created a breathtaking arrangement for me.

Pulling the arrangement fully out of the box, I bring it over to our island and set it down again. Grabbing the card that had fallen as I set them out, I pull it open as I take a seat at the island. "Hopefully, these can help brighten your day. I know things feel tough right now, but you're doing incredible, and I'm proud of you. I love you always, and I'll see you in a few hours. -CY."

"Not soon enough," I mumble to myself as I set the card to the side and look over the flowers again. The pionies, roses, and orchids are all stunning as individuals with their subtle vibrancies, but paired together, they add to each other's beauty just the same as they had on our wedding day. Having a design done and delivered in this short of a time frame, let alone one by Jeff Leatham, on its own must have cost a pretty penny. The fact that there are at least thirty stems only adds to that price tag.

Pulling my phone out of my pocket, I snap a picture and text it to Christian, "Pretty extravagant for a pick me up, but they are stunning. Thank you, I love you."

Looking at my flowers again, I smile slightly before setting my phone down next to them. As much as I'd love to admire them all day, I've got a final exam to get through. Catching the time again, I've only got ten minutes till I'm supposed to be on for the exam. Heading to the door, I grab the ice pack I'd left there before heading upstairs to grab my laptop and the tablet Adidas had provided for me. May as well get a little work in before Christian gets home.

Taking my two electronics, I make my way back to the kitchen and get set up with my notes as I secure my ice pack under my bra strap, logging on to take one of my last finals. Everything gets set up as it needs to, and I tuck my phone and tablet under the counter on a barstool just in case they feel the need to do an environment check. The professor for this particular course seems to be pretty chill about all of that; however, it is the final.

Sure enough, there was a required environment check before I could get online and start my test. My never being able to do anything half-assed trait is a little annoying right now, seeing as even if I didn't take this final, I'd have still passed the course.