Chapter 1

Four years have passed since the birth of my children and a few months have passed since I was crowned as Queen of Ravendale.

Some people have waited for me to take the Ravendalian throne but some people dreaded the fact that the daughter who had royal blood but conflicting origins is going to become a future Queen.

I know where people are coming from but it's not like I could have prevented my birth if I knew that my father was married before he met my mother and married her.

Good thing there was one evidence that helped lessen the argument about my origins. The previous Queen annulled marriage with my father, so her second husband could receive more power in taking care of Ravendale's affairs.

Even so, if people read my biography, they would think that my ascension to the throne sounds like a conspiracy.

Being born in the Countess family, then for some reason I was arranged to marry the 'infamous' Dukes. By becoming the wife of a Dukes the status that many women coveted for, I managed to establish a good reputation which leads me into becoming Lady of the Ravendale. Then out of nowhere, there is news that I'm a daughter of a lost King and the previous Queen is assassinated.

Now since I became a Queen and my husbands who were the most powerful Dukes are now my Prince Consorts, by making my husbands the Prince Consorts it's helped to establish my rule so it would be hard for nobles to make me surrender the thone.

It indeed sounds like a conspiracy, I can't blame for people thinking like that.

I guess I would need to prove myself for someone who still douting me.

I sighed while I was signing the documents about implementing the new laws.

"This law is reasonable, and for this law, I would like for the court to review this law." I told my assistant. My assistant took the paper put in her folder wrote something in her notebook and waited until I finished reviewing the laws that the court wants me to modify or establish.

"What the next thing on my agenda?" I asked my assistant.

My assistant looked at her notebook and made and 'oh' sound.

"I received a notice from Siada's embassy, that Siada is interested in developing commercial ties with Ravendale and they sent us a proposal." my assistants informed.

The Siada Kingdom? Commercial ties? With us?

Why would they be interested in developing commercial ties with us at all?

The Siada Kingdom is a pure patriarchal kingdom, where patriarchy is dominant. Unlike, Ravendale, where women can have multiple husbands in Siada men, can have multiple wives.

Ravendale and Siada kingdom never confronted each other and avoided confronting each other, so the relationship developed only to the point that Siada is allowed to have an embassy in Ravendale and Ravendale is allowed to have an embassy in Siada.

"Can we decline or ignore it?" Doing what my ancestors did previously, because I know if we developed a friendship with a kingdom that has different values it can easily turn into hatred, and having Naval war with Siada is not on my priority list.

"Eh, decline? I don't think it's would be good for us. Especially it's the first time that Siada made a step forward to developing commercial ties. If we decline when Siada is in a tense situation with the neighboring country and Siada is a rich country, there is a possibility that they would never propose anything again. Later it's would put us on the disadvantage if we were to ask something from the Siada Kingdom." My assistant who is also my advisor told me her opinion.

My assistant is right rejecting the Siada Kingdom would be a waste because the Siada Kingdom is indeed rich in resources that we don't have. Ravendale is not exactly considered a rich country since during Cordelia's rule Ravendale suffered a financial crisis after the war with Faya, but the quality of life in Ravendale is better than Faya and Siada and Ravendale is regaining fast from the financial crisis. Developing ties with Siada would greatly benefit Ravendale and we will regain Ravendale's economy faster.

I sighed and answered.

"Well alright if ignoring them or declining them is not an option, then I guess we should accept their proposal. What are they offering us?"

"They offer a lot of resources like gold, silver, iron, uranium, diamonds, cotton, linen, and more." She listed.

Some of the resources we don't lack, but some of the resources will be beneficial for us.

"And what they want from us?" I asked.

"They want a lot of different food resources such as grains, fruit, vegetables, and livestock. Jungle resources like rubber, gum, and wax. Siada is interested in a lot of resources but what they interested in the most is our medicine."

Medicine? Well, Ravendale's medicine did a huge breakthrough, when I introduced Etrian medicine. Ravendale's scientists mixed ingredients that are used in Etrian medicine, Ravendale's medicinal potions, and magic, it's become more effective and safer than Etrian medicine. My pharmacy had a lot of resources for scientists to investigate.

It's no surprise that Siada is interested in our medicine.

"Alright, then send a proposal to Nathaniel and let him edit the proposal before sending their proposal back." I told my assistant she nodded and left my study.

Since my husbands become Prince consorts Nathaniel is in charge of Ravendale's economy and education, while Alexander is in charge of military and internal affairs. I was only left with council affairs and foreign affairs. I'm sure there are other names for the roles but right now our roles are only defined like that.

Since my assistant left its means I could finish my work earlier, since it's no point waiting for the assistant to come back and wait out 15 min till the end of my working hours.
I left the office.

Being the Queen of Ravendale I often had thoughts like 'I don't know what I'm doing'. Those thoughts made me feel more and more stressed, but luckily my husbands supports me and I feel more confident as a Queen.

I enter my husband's and my private lobby room. Today Alexander has a day off, so Alexander spent his free time with our children and now he is relaxing in the lobby room.

Alexander smiled when I entered the lobby room he walked towards and kissed my forehead.

"Tired?" He asked and I nodded.

During my marriage, I and Alexander had realized that we both like to spend cuddling silently but also have a small conversation.

After that Nathaniel finished the work and also came to our private lobby.

"Was there a lot of work ?" I asked Nathaniel he nodded, but his mood was more serious, which is unusual of him.

"What's wrong?" I asked Nathaniel.

"Well, we have something serious to discuss with you." Nathaniel said. I sat straight on the couch.

"What are you both want to discuss with me?" I asked them.

"We are thinking of finding you a second rank husband for you." Alexander spoke.

"What!?" I was shocked.