Chapter 3

It's a sunny day in Ivyvale which is quite rare in Autumn. Never the less, today common and noble folks get to enjoy the beautiful weather and falling leaves, creating beautiful scenery surrounding the people. You could see families are going out for the picnic or hunting, men courting their beloved.

It's a beautiful day.

Today was the day when Annabelle's second husbands are entering the palace.Annabelle was nervous about meeting her second rank husband. She didn't know what to expect from them. Yes, it's appeared that she wasn't getting one new husband but two of them since Ravendalian law states that twins, triplets, or quadruplets can share a rank in the harem.

This is the only thing that her husband told her.

She didn't know their names, which household they are from, their personality. She didn't know if she even met them once.

She was curious about what kind of candidate her husband chose, but at the same time, she was nervous.

Will they get along? Will her newly husbands harm her, harm her husband, or harm her children?Perhaps Annabelle was only overthinking.

Besides, Annabelle is not the only person who was nervous about this arrangement. The pair of twins Alistair and Abel were also nervous.

They didn't believe that today they will become Queen's second rank husbands. For them, it's a great honor to be one of the Queen's husbands.

Especially, after Queen Annabelle's coronation, she never took any other husbands into her harem.

They will be her second-rank husbands.

They were done packing their items and waited for the Royal Carriage to arrive to take them to the Royal Palace. It's supposed to arrive very early in the morning when fewer people are walking around or it would instantly spark a lot of rumors.

Soon the carriage has arrived. When you look at the carriage there is no doubt that it belongs to the Royal family. There will be a spark of rumors when people will see a Royal Carriage waiting for someone in East Snow district. If people see that someone entering the carriage that does not belong in the Royal Family entering the Royal Family, it's will become the talk of the country.

Hopefully, the news won't travel that fast and they won't meet trouble on their way.

They covered carriage's window with the transparent curtains in hopes people would assume that it's Queen's relative that is in the carriage.

They wondered why the Queen decided to take a liking into us?

Alistair's and Abel's previous occupations were a model of the well-known fashion house. They of course are nobles that came from Aquamarine household, but fate didn't treat them well.

Their mother dying from giving birth.

Their father remarried to evil step-mother and bringing her daughter into a family.Then his father died and step-mother carelessly took care of the family's riches that put their family into debt.

Soon evil step-mother got arrested and they managed to take over the household, but they still had to pay over the debt that their step-mother owe, if they didn't want to become a landless nobility. Their step-sister ended up having a chronic depression, so there was no hope for a marriage alliance.

If they wanted to keep their land and manor they needed to work to pay off their debt.

They did anything that wouldn't require manual labor but would pay handsomely.

When they became models, they gained a lot of admirers to the point when noble women would pay for them to accompany them.

But they never sought to become their husband.

There was one fashion show that Queen attended and they were final models to walk the runway. Their appearance has garnered a lot of positive reactions. Maybe this is when a Queen took a liking to us?

A few days after they were visited by the Prince Consorts. They were surprised to receive their offer to become secondary Queen's husbands. Especially receiving from the Prince Consorts and not the Queen herself.

Even though they never sought to become rich women's husbands, but having an opportunity that would clear their debt and raise their status, it was too tempting to decline this opportunity.

After all, the contract stated that we need to be Queen's husbands for 5 years.

Although rumors regarding the Queen being a 'men tamer' raises some concern. In anyway becoming Queen's husband is a risky move, we don't know if we would be killed by Queen's secret admirers or we will get framed and executed.

But it's our only way.

Soon we arrived at the Royal Palace, the doorman opened the carriage door. We saw some butlers we taking our luggage and taking them into the assigned place.

Then we are told to enter the palace since Prince Consorts were waiting for us inside.

When we entered the palace the Prince Consort waited for us in the foyer. One of them was giving instructions to the butler while the other simply greeted us and asked.

"I trust you that you both read the rules." Prince Consort Nathaniel asked us.

"Yes, we did read the rules." We answered firmly.

Prince Consorts are rumored to be strict to the subordinates and demanding to the ministers. Unfortunately, we are more Prince Consort's subordinates than Queen's subordinates, since they are the ones who paid our debt, but it doesn't mean that we can go against the Queen.

Then Prince Consort Alexander greeted us and led us to they were leading to the room where we would have to introduce ourselves to the Queen. While they are leading us to the room they were explaining to us the responsibilities.

"As the second rank husbands or also known Noble Consorts you will act as Queen's assistants. Planning and coordinate her schedule, will be in charge of travel arrangement..." and they continued explaining.

We expected that we will be given a lot of responsibilities. With high status comes great responsibilities.

Then Prince Consorts stopped and asked.

"Do you have any questions?"

"Yes, how should are we expected to act with the Queen on a personal level?" Alistair asked. Since they were the ones who gave the offer, they can decide if they want us to have a romantic relationship with the Queen.

Their eyes became serious it means they also thought about that.

"We will leave that decision to you and our wife, but we would advise you to hold off advancing romantically from the beginning." Prince Consort Alexander advised.

It's a relief that we aren't expected to develop a romantic relationship with the Queen nor forbidden from it.

Even the Queen is the same age as us and still beautiful, we wouldn't want to develop a romantic relationship forcefully. On the other hand, if we develop feelings, then it's would be a good thing since we are not forbidden from seducing the Queen.

We didn't have any questions, so we were asked to enter through the double door.Behind the door, Queen Annabelle was waiting.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

What is your impression of Annabelle's new husbands? Could they be evil?

I hope you guys enjoyed reading this chapter and hopefully you din't forget to vote! ^-^

See you guys later!