Chapter 17

So far so good.

We were on our way to the Siada's Royal Palace to celebrate the friendship between two kingdoms. I was riding with Nathaniel in the carriage.

Even though we indeed made quite an impression to Siada's high society members. 

Nevertheless, Ravendale is the only hope for Siada's Kingdom.

The small neighboring kingdoms decided to team up against Siada's Kingdom and end the trading because the kingdom was only getting richer and richer. The only problem was that the Siada Kingdom is self-sufficient and the other kingdoms were not.

The other kingdoms are vying for Siada's resources so they decided to go in war with the Siada Kingdom.

War eats up a lot of resources, that is why the Siada Kingdom needs Ravendale. Ravendale wouldn't be affected by the enemies of the Siada Kingdom since they either don't have their own Navy army or they don't have entrance to the Minnemar Sea. Also, Ravendale's neighboring countries can't do anything about it.

Etria propagandizing peaceful non-military foreign policy, it's will be hypocritical to go against Ravendale. Faya signed a 100-year peace treaty, they can't go against the Siada Kingdom but it doesn't mean that they cannot go against Ravendale. Faya is also would never agree to become an ally of the Siada Kingdom. Faya also signed a peace treaty with the Ravendale but a shorter term than Siada's.

Oh well, currently they cannot do anything about it for now.

I was looking at the beauty of Dessys' city architecture from my carriage. The Siada Kingdom is magical in their way, besides the fact that 65% of the population consists of sirens.

Other countries co-exist with the creatures, but some countries are meant to be a safe heaven for humans. Ravendale is a safe heaven for creatures.

"Indeed Siada's architecture magnificent too bad that the buildings are unsuitable for the Ravendale's weather." Nathaniel commented and I hummed in agreement.

We arrived at Siada's Royal palace.

Indeed Queen Kalila made sure that we would feel very welcomed. The palace was decorated with purple camellias, the Ravendale's national flower. The Siada's phoenix banner is decorated with Ravendale's raven banner.

The Siada's Royal Palace servants were helping our servants to deliver not only our baggage but their too. They were also offered some refreshments.

Of course, diplomats and merchants were greeted by other diplomats and merchants and were also offered some refreshments.

I and Nathaniel were greeted by the King's consorts and lastly, Queen Kalila formally greeted us.

"I apologize that I didn't greet you at the port, I was feeling a bit under the weather so I decided to supervise the preparation for a feast before you arriving." Queen Kalila explained.

"It's alright, but we were surprised by Siada's such a warm welcome." I politely answered and Queen Kalila smiled.

"I'm glad that we managed to impress you. Please follow me to the banquet, my husband is already here waiting for you to celebrate the feast." Then we started walking to the banquet room.

Queen Kalila was walking with her handmaidens that watching her carefully.

If I didn't think that Queen Kalila was pregnant, then I would have wasted four years by studying medicine in Etria.

The closer we get to banquet the louder the music is, but the music was very pleasant. It's gave me the feeling once you go to the banquet, you won't remember anything afterward.

Beautiful dancers were dancing in the center. We were seated on the opposite side where King Ymir was seated.

There were a few more dancing and singing performances along with some harem drama. Consort trying to outdo another consort.

A few toasts were said.

Soon the night came and everyone was tired. The banquet is finished and tomorrow we would have to discuss more thoroughly about this arrangement.

We will be stuck for a week in Siada since we are going to a lot of things.

King Ymir gave us our wing that has a beautiful courtyard and garden. We didn't admire more of our wing, but we liked how it's was very peaceful here.

"Did you enjoy the banquet?" Nathaniel asked me and I nodded.

"Indeed, the banquet was wonderful. It's different from the Ravendale." I answered him and he gave me a nod and a small smile.

"How about you? Did you enjoyed the banquet?" I asked him softly.

"I enjoyed it, but it's was tiring." He said. I gave him a small smile.

I noticed that Nathaniel has been receiving weird looks during King Ymir's greeting, Queen Kalila's welcoming and during the banquet. I hugged Nathaniel around his chest.

"I know it's been hard on you today." I murmured in his chest and Nathaniel smiled at me and kissed my forehead.

"Let's sleep, tomorrow will be a busy day."

We changed our clothes and then we cuddled. It's wasn't long until Nathaniel fell asleep and for some reason, I didn't want to go to sleep yet.

I decided to walk around the garden. Interestingly enough, the garden around my wing is connected to the main garden. and the main garden is connected to the multiple consort's courtyard areas. Each consort has its place and courtyard.

I walked around the main garden, listening to crickets and looking at flowers that bloom at night.

"How do you like the view of the garden during the night?" Ymir's voice spooked me. Ymir then silently chuckled at my reaction.

"The garden is very beautiful. I noticed that there are a lot of flowers here that blooms at night. I see that you also couldn't sleep, King Ymir?" I complimented the garden and then I asked Ymir.

"Well all of my consorts fell asleep and I was bored so I decided to take a walk around the garden. I suppose your consort is also fell asleep" He said with a hint of humor and I chuckled.

Then we proceeded to take a walk in the garden together.

"You know I admire you, Queen Annabelle." Ymir said with genuine admiration in his voice. I blinked a few times because I never expected to hear those words.

"Why so?" I asked him.

"You managed to live as a normal citizen in Etria, as a Countess in Ravendale, then you became a Duchess and finally you were recognized at the lost heir of the throne and became a Queen. You managed to experience life by having different statuses." Ymir explained.

I never looked at my experience like that before because I knew I could have made a better choice. On the other hand, I wouldn't know how to survive alone in Etria, to study Medicine without making that choice.

"I also admire you. I heard that it's difficult to live as Royal in the Siada Kingdom and you had to fight with your brothers for the throne." I complemented Ymir and gave me a small smile.

"Indeed it's difficult to live, even though I was a crown prince." Ymir agreed.Then we walked and talked for a while. Ymir then led me back to my wing where I was staying with Nathaniel in the end.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Here is chapter 17! I hope you enjoyed reading it! ^-^

What do you think about Siada's Kingdom?

What do you think about King Ymir?

I'm curious please comment your thoughts! ^-^