Chapter 28

"What do you mean they have been punished?" I asked Alexander.

I was shocked hearing that they have been punished, I didn't want my selfish desires lead into somebody getting punished.

"They have been punished according to the royal harem protocol rules." Alexander explained.The royal harem protocol rules are meant for the husbands who are part of the royal family and I was vaguely familiar with the rules since the first husbands usually handle the harem.

"Why?" At that point, Alexander knew that I was getting mad.

"They were given the responsibility to ensure your protection but they failed at it."As far as I remember the protocol they definitely get punished if I get injured during the attack.

"But it's not their fault, they do not deserve this." Nathaniel entered my room and knew that there is a tense situation.

Nathaniel asked Alexander through mind link what happened.

"Dearest, there is no need to work yourself up when you suppose to be resting and healing up." Nathaniel gently told.

"Do not change the topic, Nathaniel." I told him.

"I'm not changing the topic, I'm only offering to talk about it later besides they received only the minimum punishment." Nathaniel offered me but I shook my head.

The minimum punishment still resorts to whipping.

"You had the choice of not punishing them." I quietly said.

"Oh Annabelle, we wish it was that simple."

In the end, they left me in the room alone so I could rest.

I felt shame and guilt taking over me. I didn't want them to get punished because of me.

I rested for a little while before removing the wires and IV tube from my body. It's was probably not a good idea because I had stitched on my body

By spending more time in the infirmary I've felt more and more guilty, so I decided to check on Abel and Alistair.

I walked through the hallways and seeing how palace staff trying to avoid staring at me.

Finally, I managed to reach their room and knock on their door. I hoped that they aren't busy right now since I didn't know what kind of schedule they have right now.

Alistair opened the door and he was surprised seeing me and I'm sure he wasn't aware that I woke up.

"When did you wake up?" Alistair asked me with a surprised expression on his face.

"Just a few hours ago." I weakly answered.

"A few hours ago? Goodness, you need to rest not walking around." He gently pulled me into the room and made me lie on their bed. Then he covered with the bedsheet.

I noticed that Abel wasn't around.

"Where is Abel?" I asked Alistair.

"He is out doing some errands, he will come back soon." Alistair answered with a smile.

I thought Alistair wouldn't want to see me because the got punished for my selfishness, but I guess I was mistaken.

"We were worried about you." Alistair put his hand on my forehead to check my temperature.

"I'm sorry for dragging you and your brother into this." I apologized to him.

"It's alright, we should have made more effort to compromise with you." Alistair lamented.

"Compromise? I never gave you a chance to compromise." I said regretfully.Then Abel arrived and he was also surprised to see me in their room.

"I guess that is why Prince Consorts assigned us to take care of you from now on." Abel said. He also didn't seem to be mad at me.

"They are very fast." Alistair commented and Abel nodded.

"Listen, if you don't feel like continuing the duties of the Noble Consorts. I can release you from the contract and you won't have to pay off your debt anymore." I offered them.

They looked at me before smiling.

"Dear, are you planning on abandoning us?" Abel teased.

"No. I don't pl-." Alistair interrupted me.

"So we get punished and then you are abandoning us? It's kinda cruel of you, Annabelle." Alistair teased me.

"Are you sure don't want to? It's your last chance." I asked them for the last time since I didn't know if they were joking or not.

"We are sure." They confidently answered and I sighed.

In the end, I ended up resting and healing up for a week in their room. During the week my secondary husbands didn't allow me to move around but they did let my children in to visit me and take a nap during the day with me.

Children became more comfortable with my secondary husband's presence and I'm glad that my children and secondary husbands little by little getting along with each other.

The wound ended up healing faster than expected I guess it's because I managed to develop my healing powers.

Nathaniel and Alexander were giving me time to spend with the secondary husbands and just left me alone since they didn't want to argue with me when I was healing up.

After I got the stitches removed their butler informed me that Nathaniel and Alexander wanted to see me.

I sighed.

I just hope that we don't argue again, I don't enjoy arguing with my husband.

When I entered their room Nathaniel greeted me.

"It's great to be able to spend time with you after you spent lots of time with the Noble Consorts." Nathaniel said and Alexander hummed with the agreement.

And then Alexander motioning to sit on the sofa.

"So tell me how the incident blew up?" I asked my husbands

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

This chapter was difficult to write. Nevertheless, I hope you guys enjoyed reading this chapter.

Don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts!

And I will see you later my alligators <3