Chapter 19

I'm on my way to my grandparent's residence. It's been a long time since I've been in this place. After the marriage, I had to move to the palace since my grandmother became a ruling regent again and it would be easier for her and my grandfathers to guide me. It also allowed me to attend the meetings as a Princess.

Of course, it has also been easy for my grandparents to guide my husbands, and also the Palace had their medical wing which was great for me since back then I was carrying my children.

Hopefully, I can pay off the hard work they put in me.My grandfathers waited for me outside. When I got out of the carriage and I hugged my grandfather one by one.

"Is in it cold outside? You should have waited for me inside." I told them and they smiled in return.

"We don't mind waiting for our granddaughter outside." They told me.

It's also nice knowing that I have my grandparents when back then I didn't know much about my father's origins and when the mother's side grandparents died when I was very little and barely had a memory about them but my mother would tell me that they adored me.

Mother.

The sadness and guilt still haunts me but now it was less than before.

You always want me to increase my social status so I could give more to my children than you have given me.

I guess your wish did come true. Then I sighed.

"Were you tired from traveling?" my grandfather Johnathan caringly asked me and I just nodded a little bit.

"It's alright, I don't think your grandmother is going to scold you." my grandfather Samuel assured me knowing my grandmother's habits.

"But we wished you would have brought your children." Johnathan added and I smiled.

"I could but then I afraid grandmother would prefer them staying in the palace since it was riskier bringing them here." I explained to them and they smiled.

"I don't think she will mind them visiting her, when she hasn't visited her grand grandchildren in two months." Maybe I should have brought my children.

The birth of my children did lighten the atmosphere since the truth about the previous consorts almost killing my father out of jealousy and the death of Cordelia and Prince Arthur.

It's been hard for my grandparents to deal with this situation.

My grandfather led me to the dining room. In the dining room, my grandmother was giving instructions to the servants.

"Oh you are finally here, I hope you are not hungry since our residence's chefs only started preparing the food" My grandmother greeted me.

"It's alright I can wait for a little while." I politely told her.

Even though the dinner is not ready, we still sat down at the table and the servants quickly served us tea.

My grandparents were extremely happy with how the trip to the Siada Kingdom went. They even tested the authenticity of the goods that the Siada Kingdom gave us and the result was that King Ymir didn't put fake materials to replace the gold and other valuable materials.

"With that success, you solidified your position as a Queen." My grandmother praised me. She rarely gives any praise.

"I don't think that will be the case." I still felt a little bit skeptical that nobles changed the mind about me.