Chapter 29

"Dearest wife, why are you being serious right now? Can't we just simply spend time with each other?" Nathaniel suggested and I just shook my head.

"I simply can't." I told them.

I just don't like waiting out the problems when I would rather just face the problem and deal with it.

"To be honest, we managed to solve the problem but from now on we have to be careful." Alexander explained.

"Why so ?" I asked Alexander.

"Because Etria labeled that attack as a terrorist attack from an unknown source." Alexander revealed.

Terrorist attack? But there is a huge chance that those assassins can come from Ravendale. I started getting a headache from thinking about the consequences.

"If Etrian leaders find out that assassins are from Ravendale, then we would face another trouble." I concluded.

"Yes, but luckily we managed to catch those assassins and interrogate them" Alexander comforted me.

"Now we can simply frame Faya for the terrorist attack if they wage war against us." Nathaniel jokingly suggested.

"How scheming of you, Nathaniel. " I gave a small smile.

During the first year of our marriage, I knew that they can scheme but they wouldn't scheme that often. That is one of the qualities my grandparents like about Alexander and Nathaniel.

Since to become a royal you must possess certain qualities that I don't have to control the court, dealing with issues that are happening in Ravendale, speaking with nobles and foreign leaders, and their representatives.

'Annabelle, to preserve your position and Ravendale, there will be the time that you would have to do something that will be morally wrong according to you.' This is what my grandmother told me.

That is why Nathaniel and Alexander are the perfect matches for me, even though my grandmother didn't approve of them at first.

Although Nathaniel and Alexander would rarely scheme against someone that changed when I was announced as the true heir to the throne and my husbands confirmed to be the future Prince Consorts.

There were a lot of their friends and acquaintances who turned their back or backstabbed them out of pure jealousy in hope that they will lose their position.

That time, in order to survive they had to counter-attack to preserve their honor.

Nevertheless, we managed to survive that period and I managed to comfort them during that difficult time and our relationship from that point of time has improved

"I know, I know. Would you like some tea, dear? " Nathaniel affectionately asked me and I nodded. Then Alexander asked the butler to bring the tea.

We drank tea peacefully. During the week that I was healing, I didn't have a chance to spend time with them. Since I was a little mad at them and I wanted to make up to the second husband.

This is one of the problems having a harem of husbands.

If I were to confront Alexander and Nathaniel for punishing Abel and Alistair, I will get an obvious answer.

As the Prince Consorts and first husbands, they cannot lose face. Since Prince Consorts not only assist the Queen in ruling the kingdom they also in charge of the harem.

Unless, I wanted my grandfathers to punish my secondary husbands, so Alexander and Nathaniel will be viewed as incompetent Prince Consorts.

So basically they didn't have a choice.

"Annabelle, are we cruel?" Alexander asked me.

"Cruel?" I chuckled when sipping tea.

"No, not really." They simply have a personality that doesn't let anyone dishonor them. As my grandfather would say they are suited to be Prince Consorts.

"Unless you count the time when you blackmailed me to not divorce you." I reminded them they silently groaned.

"We admit that at the time we were so smitten with you that we were ready to implement even more drastic measures." Nathaniel admitted.

It wasn't right for them to blackmail me but back then we've dealt with different issues.

They were dealing with the aftermath of the horrible relationships and thought that I was different since I wasn't interested in taking full advantage as a wife of a Dukes.

I was dealing with the guilt and depressions and I didn't want a final nail to my coffin if I tried to control them to my advantage.

But after that we've been working on our relationship, we've even had marriage counseling and we've talked about what kind of relationship we expected from each other and we were building trust and improving the communication.

In the end, we talked and made up.

The drama can cause harm to the royal family and well we don't the argument to escalate.Besides we had to prepare for a meeting with Faya's representatives.

Nathaniel and Alexander have always appreciated our marriage and efforts to improve communication between each other. So we can understand each other more. Although, I sometimes get mad at them or they would be mad at me but we would talk about it in the end.

At the end of the evening, we just cuddled until we fell asleep. 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter! ^-^

In order to communicate with each other better they improved their relation and been through hardships. After all in order to rule the Ravendale they should trust each other.

Anyway, I would like to hear your thoughts! ^-^

See ya later my alligators :3