Chapter 32

For three days. Everyone was busy preparing for the war.

Nathaniel was being busy creating a plan with ministers on how they will be budgeting in the course of the war, so the Ravendalian economy can still function. Alexander was busy discussing the strategy with generals. Abel and Alistair were busily rescheduling my appointments because currently, the high priority is to have a meeting with noble who have military power, that also includes writing letters to the nobles.

I was on the other hand was busy overlooking the whole process and writing letters to the nobles who are governing the cities near the Fayan borders and ordering the evacuation. I was also needed to send letters to Etria and Siada Kingdom explaining the situation and hopefully, one of them will aid Ravendale. Even though it's unlikely but at least it's better to ask than not asking at all.

I was writing letters in my study when Selena knocked on the door and entered once she heard my permission.

"Let me guess? The news is coming from the scouts and they informed that Fayan soldiers are making the way to the border?" I asked Selena and she nodded.

I sighed.

"Is Prince Consort Alexander is informed about this?" I asked Selena and she once again nodded.

"Yes, your majesty." She answered.

I guess it's was for me and Alexander to leave Ivydale.

Although I have lost a match against Alexander, he still let me come with him. It's just not in the position that I desired.

Flashback

I was already changed my outfit that is suited for fighting and walking to the training area where we are supposed to have a match and Abel with Alistair following behind me.

"Are you sure you want to go for war, Annabelle?" Abel trying to convince me.

"Prince Consort Nathaniel will definitely need your assistance handling Ravendale during the war." Alistair was also trying to convince me.

"That is why you are both staying in the Royal Palace, if Nathaniel needs assistance then he will have you both rely on." I refuted them. They both sighed in dismay.

It's was hard to convince me to stay in Ivyvale.

When I arrived at the training area that was designed to practice combat skills Alexander was already waiting for. He also changed his outfit.

We agreed that we will be having a sword fight with magic in it.

"I see that you set on going to the frontline?" Nathaniel asked. I looked at him, I wasn't aware that he was also here.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"I'm deeply worried about you. You recently got your stitches removed, I don't want you getting injured." Nathaniel expressed his worry.

Abel and Alistair went where Nathaniel was standing and quietly whispered to Nathaniel.

"Wouldn't be better for her to receive a light injury so she can stay in the Royal Palace?" Nathaniel looked at them and shook his head.

"I know Annabelle, if she gets injured, she will wait until she is healed and would try to go to the frontlines." Abel and Alistair sighed at Prince Consorts' answer.

Annabelle was indeed stubborn.

Meanwhile, Annabelle and Nathaniel are preparing for the match. Annabelle looked at the sword that was delicately crafted for her and sighed.

"We will battle until one of us loses the sword. If you use magic I will also use magic so beware of that." Alexander stated the rules.

Annabelle was nervous but she knew that to defeat Alexander she would have to get rid of anxiety.

"Sure." Annabelle agreed and made the first move.

Alexander easily blocked her strike and now Annabelle had to bloke his strikes.

She used shield magic to block Alexander's strike and regain the advantage since Alexander's strength is greater than Annabelle's.

The shield successfully blocked Alexander's strike, but now it means Alexander is allowed to use magic. When Annabelle struck Alexander blocked her attack. It's almost sent Annabelle flying since Alexander used his dark magic to defend against Annabelle's attack.

Right now Annabelle is growing more frustrated and anxious. She doesn't want to lose.

She improved her teleporting skills and now she can use it on short distances easily as long her magical energy doesn't run out.

So she decided to quickly teleport before Alexander strikes her with his sword. She teleported behind Alexander's back and struck him.

She could almost injure Alexander. But Alexander is also a shifter so he can sense the presence.

"Your magical capabilities have greatly improved." Alexander complimented Annabelle is still trying to block Alexander's sword and magic attacks.

"But unfortunately, your magical and combat abilities still need some improvement." Alexander added and he picked up the pace and Annabelle could barely block him.

Alexander's and Nathaniel's father is a leader of the dark magic guild. They have been training their magical and combat abilities since childhood.

Annabelle could barely hold her sword now.

"So you're just be toying with me?"Annabelle asked Alexander.

"Not really." Alexander smirked.

"I simply wanted to test your abilities even if you loose I can still consider taking you to the front lines." Alexander explained and then with a single strike he made Annabelle's sword fly from her hand.

Nathaniel, Alistair, and Abel relieved that Annabelle lost and there was a chance that Alexander won't hake her with him.

She felt disappointed that she couldn't at least hold it for long. If she had only practiced her swordsmanship more.

She looked at Alexander to hear his verdict.

"You can come with me but you wouldn't be on frontlines instead you will go to Tara city and be in charge of the medical corps." Alexander offered.

Tara city is now a ghost city because people evacuated from the city. After all, it was three hours away from the Faya's border and it's made into main Headquarters.

"You can either take it or leave it." Alexander said.

I of course accepted his offer.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

This is my first time writing a close combat fight but nevertheless I hope you guys enjoyed reading this chapters.

So Annabelle will be going to war. I will be happy to hear your theories how the war will playout. ^-^

Don't forget to vote and I will see you later my alligators <3