❥៚ T H R E E

the ravenette screamed as if his life depended on it, dropping his poor nintendo switch in the process. taehyun was quick to cover his ears with both of his hands. "bro, calm the fuck down. i ain't gon kill you." taehyun hissed. he was already quite annoyed by how loud the other boy was.

in taehyun's dictionary, if someone ever screamed that loud then they'd automatically be an annoying person because he absolutely hated loud people. he preferred someone who was calm and quiet but could also be quite talkative yet cute too. specifically, choi soobin.

beomgyu stayed silent, still scared but he had managed to calm down a bit after realizing that this fiery red head male standing near the double doors, was human and obviously not a ghost. god, how much beomgyu wanted to slap himself for being such a dumbass.

"uh... who are you?" the ravenette asked with slightly red cheeks due to how embarrassed he was. taehyun huffs and stops covering his ears before responding, "i thought soobin hyung told you but i'm taehyun. kang taehyun. i'm here to babysit you."

"oh." beomgyu now realized how dumb he was. he could recall both yeonjun and soobin telling him that he wouldn't be alone, but he just brushed it off every time they did. oh how much he regretted it now. "wait, babysit?!" taehyun didn't answer but instead just proceeded to walk around the living room like he didn't hear what the ravenette had said.

this made beomgyu mad. he didn't like it when someone would treat him like a kid that didn't know any better. especially when that person is a stranger. he's almost turning eighteen for pete's sake. "excuse you?? i'm not a child!"

taehyun finally stops walking around and threw beomgyu a 'do i look like i care?' look. beomgyu was already acting like a brat to taehyun and he didn't like that at all. clearly, this ravenette wasn't as mature as taehyun had thought he'd be and he'd be lying if he said he didn't regret coming here. he wished he never agreed in the first place but who in hell would refuse a request from the choi soobin?

no one and that's a fact.

beomgyu frowned, getting even more mad at how this taehyun 'kid' was treating him, but he decided not to argue further. after all, he doesn't pick fights with 'kids'. "whatever, not nice to meet you too. i'm choi beomgyu and just so you know, i'm going to be eighteen soon." he blurted out and to his surprise, taehyun was chuckling as if he was amused by what he had said.

"what? something funny?" beomgyu questions with brows furrowed. taehyun shook his head and responded, "nope. you just sound like an actual kid and i'm a year younger than you by the way." taehyun stated with a sly smile as if he was teasing the ravenette and oh boy, whatever taehyun was trying to achieve, he sure did succeed because beomgyu was mad. really mad.

"you—" before beomgyu could even unleash his anger, a loud crash was heard and it sounded as if something fell and broke into pieces which made them both flinch due to how loud it was. "y-you... you heard that, right?" beomgyu asked, feeling scared all of a sudden. taehyun slowly nodded but he wasn't scared, he was just surprised.

what could've broken if there were no one else other than them in this abandoned mansion? last time he checked, the wind wasn't strong enough to knock something down, let alone how even because the doors and windows were practically all closed. logically, it didn't make sense.

without saying anything, taehyun walked out of the living room. beomgyu on the other hand was scared to follow but after looking around his surroundings, he suddenly felt paranoid, so he quickly followed behind the younger male.

as taehyun had suspected, the vase that was once holding the dead flower, standing on top of the table was now shattered into pieces on the floor. taehyun crouched down to inspect the broken pieces with curiosity floating around his mind. he wondered how it could fall down on its own with no force applied. was the vase just too old? no way.