❥៚ T E N

"where are you going, kang?" beomgyu asked, tightly gripping onto the younger's hand. ever since, he caught a cold (i wonder who's fault it was), he seemed to have been clingy towards taehyun which the boy noticed, but didn't want to say anything about it.

people are weird when they're sick after all. well, he'd be lying if he said he didn't enjoy it. clingy beomgyu was quite cute.

"i'm going to the last floor that we haven't explored yet."

"without me?"

"yeah, well, you're kind of sick and i don't really wanna deal with your loud screaming."

beomgyu huffs and stood up, hand still gripping onto the other's. "but, i don't wanna be alone here! can't we just stay here till we leave?" taehyun shook his head and replied, "as i said, if you don't want to then you can stay here by yourself."

"fine." beomgyu let's go of the younger's hand, looking away with a subtle pout. taehyun felt a bit cold now without the elder's hand, but he, of course, acted casual and walked away. a part of him kind of wanted the ravenette to follow and so did beomgyu who wanted to follow, but also wanted taehyun to come back.

why did they feel like they broke up with each other? or maybe the author is just making it seem dramatic.

"should i go back?" taehyun muttered under his breath. he hasn't even stepped on the stairs yet. "ugh no! why do i care?" he bit onto his lower lip, occasionally looking back at the double doors where beomgyu was. "no... i'm just worried that he'll be scared without me..." taehyun mumbled.

"wait... since when am i worried about someone that isn't soobin? ugh, i must be going crazy by staying in this place." he shook his head, finally lifting his foot up and stepped on the first, creaky step.

beomgyu will be fine without me.

that was what he told himself.

who knew it would be the other way around.

+ × +

it's been hours since beomgyu has last seen taehyun.

"should i go upstairs?!" beomgyu asked no one in particular except for himself, but the readers are obviously saying yes for sure. he tells himself that taehyun was fine. after all, the boy wasn't scared of ghosts and that kind of stuff - unlike him.

but, why does he have this weird feeling that he should go find the boy?

was it because of his clingy, sick self that has grown attached to the younger boy? or was it because he was worried?

whatever it was, beomgyu doesn't like it. he'd never been so worried sick for someone before. maybe, he really has grown attached to taehyun. or maybe, he was scared that some ghost was going to kill him since he was now alone.

perhaps, it was both.

but, he'd never ever admit to any of them.

there was no way that he was going to risk his sanity for some boy that he barely knew. he was too terrified to even go out of the living room and to make it even worse, it was dark outside too.

he'd already start to regret not following taehyun when he had the chance.

"yeah, no way am i going to go find him." he told himself, but not even a minute later, he realized that both his and taehyun's flashlight was lying down next to him. taehyun's flashlight was already dead, that's why he took it out of his bag, but beomgyu's was still working perfectly fine. which means, taehyun didn't have a flashlight with him at all.

"fucking idiot forgot a flashlight!" he muttered, grabbing onto his flashlight and stood up. now, he had no choice but to go find the boy. he could choose not to, but how could he even think of staying here alone, knowing that taehyun was upstairs alone too with no flashlight with him. perhaps, that is why taehyun hasn't come down yet.

"alright, choi beomgyu. you're not a scaredy cat, okay? just go up the stairs and find that idiot." he told himself, his bag now swung onto one side of his shoulder and his hand gripping tightly onto the flashlight.

+ × +

the ravenette slowly and quietly walked up the stairs. finally, he was at the third and final floor of the mansion. he nervously glanced around with the flashlight shining, hoping to see taehyun. beomgyu was already about to pass out from a throbbing headache and his heart was rapidly beating in his chest. plus, he was sick too.

he almost had a heart attack on the second floor when he thought the coat hanger was a ghost. long story short, he ran towards the stairs that led up to the third floor as if he was in the bts run music video.

obviously, this floor was as big as the second floor, but beomgyu was hoping that it'll be less like a maze because he really needed to find taehyun quickly. he didn't want to go through what he went through last time when they lost each other. at least, last time, it was day time unlike the situation they were currently in.

"okay, gyu. you can do this.." he told himself, deciding to take the left path way in the fork of hallways, slowly walking down the long, eerie room with trembling hands.

everything was normal, no ghosts, no noises, no nothing - which the ravenette was grateful for. well, not really grateful until he abruptly stops walking.

"what was that?" he asked himself, glancing around with wide eyes. he didnt know if he was hallucinating or not, but he swore he had sobs as if someone was crying. "i'm going crazy..." he mumbled, shaking his head and immediately after, he heard sobbing again.

it sounded as if it was coming from the room to his right and any normal person would know that if you heard something like that, especially inside of an alleged haunted house, you'd decide to run for your life. but beomgyu didn't.

he walks towards the room instead and he has a brief idea of who it was.

° ┄┄────┄
⁝ ⊹ ⁝
✧ ⋆ . ˚⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀( 🍃 )
˚✦
( 🌿 )

└> @scftjunnie is typing... ❜
.  .  .  💌 : wow it's chapter chittaphon already

。゚・ 𖥸──-ˋˏ 18|07|20 ˎˊ-──𖥸 。゚・