❥៚ T W E N T Y S I X

taehyun stared down on lap with no emotions visible on his face. his mom had been arrested for illegal usage of drugs and child abuse, yet the boy felt nothing at all.

he wasn't happy.

he wasn't sad.

he didn't feel anything at all.

rather, he felt empty.

what was he supposed to feel?

perhaps, a part of him was grateful that his mother was gone now, but she was still his mother no matter how much she abused him. all his life, he only had her.

"hi!" a voice greeted him. taehyun knew that they were talking to him because of the pair of shoes that appeared in front of him, but he continued to stay silent, still staring down.

he didn't want to talk to anyone right now and he thought that this boy might leave him alone if he ignored him.

"heyyyy! look up. i wanna talk to you."

"..."

"wanna be my friend then?"

'friend? why would someone want to be friends with me?' taehyun thought to himself.

"hmmm... no? then, what if i take you to go buy ice cream??"

"ice... cream?" taehyun mumbled, finally looking up at the other boy who brightly smiled at him. "yeah! ice cream! whenever i'm sad, me and sunghoonie would always go get ice cream then go ice skating together!"

"sunghoonie?"

"oh! he's my best friend. i'm heeseung, by the way. what's your name?"

"t-taehyun.."

"cute name~ why don't we go get ice cream? you seem sad..." heeseung trailed off with a frown.

"o-oh... no. i'm fine. thank you." taehyun quickly refused because he didn't want to bother heeseung, but the older boy wasn't having it. "come on~ ice cream is everyone's best friend! how could you say no?" the boy whined with a cute pout.

it wasn't long before taehyun gave up refusing and nodded, letting heeseung drag him to a nearby ice cream shop.

from then on, they would hang out a lot. heeseung would comfort taehyun most of the times. the boy was only a year older than taehyun, but he was mature for his age and all of his advices were the best too.

heeseung was basically like taehyun's older brother.

oh and taehyun got to meet sunghoon too. at first, the two boys were quite shy with each other, but they got along well eventually.

the two were like family to taehyun.

but then, heeseung had to move away to study abroad and sunghoon got busier with his figure skating career as he grew up.

taehyun cried a lot when heeseung moved away, but soobin was still there for him.

needless to say, taehyun was glad that he had reunited with heeseung and might meet up with sunghoon again too.