❥៚ E L E V E N

as beomgyu got closer towards the door, the sobbing became clearer to him. now he knows that he wasn't hallucinating at all. he reached his hand out towards the door knob, shakily, harshly swallowing his saliva as his heart thumps loudly inside of his chest.

he was so sure he might knew who it was, but at the same time, he was scared as fuck to open the door. if you've ever watched horror movies then you'd know that this was basically a death trap.

nonetheless, his hand finally made contact with the door knob, twisting the door open, revealing a dark room. beomgyu used the flashlight to shine it towards a figure of someone and to his luck, it wasn't a ghost which made him sigh in relief.

it was taehyun.

"taehyun? are you okay?" he asked, worriedly. why was taehyun sitting on the floor, hugging his knees with his head buried in between them? but most importantly, why was the boy crying?

taehyun stops sobbing, slowly lifting his head up, meeting beomgyu's eyes. the boy's cheeks were wet due to the tears. "hey, hey! why are you crying?" the ravenette asked, walking towards the younger. taehyun didn't answer, but instead he started sobbing again, this time, louder.

beomgyu wasn't sure what he was supposed to do as he wasn't the type of person who comforted others. "hey... don't cry, okay? beomgyu hyung is here." he softly said, as he knelt down to cup the younger's face and gently wiped away the tears with his fingers. the warm action caused taehyun to calm down a bit, but the boy didn't stop crying.

without warning, taehyun pulled the older boy closer and quickly wrapped his arms around beomgyu, sobbing into his chest. beomgyu was a bit shocked at first, but hugged the younger boy back, slowly rubbing the boy's back trying to calm him down.

a few minutes later, taehyun seemed to have calmed down and the only sound now was taehyung's sniffles, resonating throughout the room, with his head still buried in beomgyu's - now - wet shirt.

"i'm here, alright? just tell me what's wrong, hyun." for some reason, the nickname just slipped out, but beomgyu himself didn't notice except taehyun.

there was a moment of silence before taehyun spoke up. "t-too dark... i don't like the dark... it's scary.." the boy mumbled, arms tightening around beomgyu.

the ravenette had to let those words sink in for a few seconds because he didn't expect that at all. taehyun was the 'fearless' boy that he knew ever since they met which wasn't even that long ago. he would've never thought this boy was scared of the dark.

maybe that was why beomgyu found the boy's cheeks wet from tears in the closet.

"don't l-laugh at me please..."

"laugh at you? why would i?"

"it's childish... i know..."

"hyun... it's not. everyone has their fears, you know? it's not a weird thing nor is it childish either. are you really saying that to a person who's scared of ghosts and stuff right now? i won't judge you for your fears." beomgyu said, softly caressing taehyun's hair.

"you... you think so?" taehyun questioned, slowly lifting his head up to meet beomgyu's gaze.

"of course."

"then, tell me why do i get bullied for it?" beomgyu was taken aback by the sudden question. "what? people bullied you for it?" he asked, eyebrows furrowing. taehyun bit his lower lip, looking away from the older.

beomgyu sighed, grabbing taehyun's chin so they were both face to face again. "listen. if they did bully you for being scared of the dark then list me all of their names and addresses. i need them so i could just have a talk with them." for some reason, taehyun lips curved up into a smile and he eventually started laughing at what beomgyu said.

"yah! it's not funny, okay? they shouldn't be bullying people for that! why would they anyways? do they need their brains checked? who would bully such an angel like y—"

"what'd you say?"

"nothing..." beomgyu awkwardly coughed and cleared his throat.

"are you okay now?" taehyun softly smiled and nodded. to say that he was glad that beomgyu came all the way up here to find him, was an understatement, he was beyond grateful to have met someone like him.

all of a sudden, beomgyu's head dropped forward onto his left shoulder, startling him. "beomgyu...? are you..." taehyun paused, realizing that beomgyu was still sick. he could even feel the boy's burning hot body that was pressed against his.

"hey... you're even more sick now... i think maybe we should go home?" upon hearing those words, beomgyu shook his head. "no... i'm fine." beomgyu muttered, heavily breathing.

truth be told, beomgyu wanted to go back home to his bedroom and sleep in his comfy bed, but his pride wouldn't let him.

or was it just because he wanted to also stay a little longer with taehyun?

"i think... i have a leaflet of paracetamol in my bag.." beomgyu mumbled and taehyun nodded, reaching out for his backpack, unzipping it and searching for the pills. "here." taehyun gave the older boy the medicine and fed him water afterwards.

"now, you sleep on my lap."

"but—"

"no buts." beomgyu had no choice but to lay down and use taehyun's lap as a pillow.

"goodnig—"

"tell me a storyyyy~" beomgyu whined.

"what? i don't think i—"

"pleaseee?" taehyun sighed, giving in to the older's pleads. "fine." taehyun paused for a moment, thinking of what he should say.

"um.. i guess i'll just tell you about how i developed this fear."

°    ┄┄────┄
⁝ ⊹     ⁝
✧ ⋆     .  ˚⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀( 🍃 )
˚✦
( 🌿 )

└> @scftjunnie is typing... ❜
. . . 💌 : i might update this book a lot cuz idk what to
do w my two other books

。゚・ 𖥸──-ˋˏ 20|07|20 ˎˊ-──𖥸 。゚・