chapter - 2: dancing for beginners

~ • ~ • ~ • ~

"Why do you keep smiling like that?" Seungmin scolded Beomgyu as they walked to the cafeteria.

"Its a secret and I can't tell you."

"Pfft. I didn't ask. Anyways, see ya guys."

"Wait. Aren't you gonna have lunch?"

"I'll skip. My friends promised they'd buy me 200 banana milks so- "

"And i'm guessing that's either Jisung or Hyunjin who promised you 200 banana milks?" Soobin raise his head.

"Mmm-mmph!"

Seungmin waved and was soon gone from sight. Beomgyu throws his arm around Soobin and since he's shorter he had to tip toe.

"Hyung, can i sit with you this lunch as well?"

"What's wrong with your friends?"

"Um... I don't have any." smiled the lad.

Friendship might be out of the option in Ace Academy but it doesn't hurt once in a while.

"Sure," he smiles assuringly.

Soobin is all too familiar with the rumors around school saying Beomgyu is bullied. not by boys but of course, a girl. Speak of the devil.

Beomgyu flinched when he saw Shin Ryujin walked in and glared at the entire student body present in the cafeteria like she wants to burn everyone right then and now. Ryujin is the school's bully, not officially. She's scary and quite bossy so basically she came to be known as the school's bully. The only person she bully is Beomgyu and a bunch of rude girls.

Her eyes landed at Beomgyu who seems to flinch with every movement she has. But luckily she tears her gaze away from him and decided on another prey for today.

"Looks like she decided to spare you today. congratulations." mumbles Soobin, his eyes fixated at the blue haired girl as she walks her way to the very center of the room.

Everyone flinched when she sent a chair flying across the room. But today was different. Not only does ryujin seems really mad, she was preying at the school's official bully. Jung Wooyung. Wooyung is the school's official bully but a really charming guy. He seems to have lots of friends outside school but basically he wasn't a slacker. He got B's at maths and science which is surprising as per his reputation.

Ryujin pulls the chair she sent flying away a few seconds ago and sat down across Wooyung like nothing happened. But the atmosphere was tense and everyone moved away surrounding them. The real question is, why is Ryujin mad at Wooyung?

As the school's infamous King and Queen of scare, Wooyung flirted with Ryujin before. Although its impossible they actually had a fling they had a thing going on. Ryujin hung out with Wooyung a few months but the last of those months went down with Ryujin's new hatred at the guy.

Wooyung placed his spoon down and smiles at her. "To what do I owe the pleasure, Miss shin?"

"Shut up, you jerk." she scoffs and crane her neck. "I can't actually believe I trusted the likes of you."

"I'm sorry but I can't seem to understand you, Miss Shin."

"Let's not create any more scene and follow me. We have to talk."

Everyone watch as Shin Ryujin and Jung Wooyung walked out together out of the cafeteria. If you're asking what the goddamned teachers are? Don't be surprise. the teacher's don't give a shit about these teen dramas. You won't hear from them unless someone knocked out anothers entire teeth.

"Now that was tense. Let's get back to our lunch." says Soobin.

Moments like these will most likely happen again and they will pass like they did again. You just learn to get used to it.

~ • ~ • ~ • ~

The school's studios are the most likely place where less trouble happens. Apart from the death of a first year last year due to circumstances, everything's music and dance there. And Hwang Yeji rules this place. Along with her cousin Hwang Hyunjin of course. Once you start watching them two dance you never get enough.

"Aren't you two giving it a rest?" Minho asks seeing the two cousins get at each others throat again.

"Hyung, if they're going to argue like this can we go get lunch? Just us two?" Song Mingi, another member of the studios, whines.

"Are you hungry?"

Mingi nods looking pitiful from his seat. Minho's the senior here and basically the one in charge of class A of dance.

"Minho-oppa, take this snake away from me~ " Yeji clings onto his arms and pouts.

Minho sighs. What did he do to become the center of all these mess? He tug Hyunjin by the shirt, "Follow me, kids. Since i'm a nice hyung lunch is on me."

Yeji stuck her tongue out at her dragged cousin. In return Hyunjin hissed at her. Before the girl could follow them, she turn back around. "Mia, aren't you coming?"

"Oh?" Mia raise her head from her Mario Cart fanatic and realised everyone in the room had cleared out. "Oh. Coming!"

Class A of dance is basically the school's celebrity unit. They're cool, handsome, pretty and talented. But it was not an easy competition trying to fit in the school's standards for their class A in dance. Every month it was a rough competition for the other class to get into class A.

"Sup?"

Yeji flinched when the brown haired lad slides in next to her as they stand in line. Her face immediately disdained, "what do you want, Choi?"

Yeonjun excused himself before the girl he basically slid between and smirked in resonate to her answer. "I wanted to see you. What else?"

Everyone who could basically hear him started reacting all of a sudden. Choi Yeonjun flirting with Hwang Yeji is big news. Another gossip for the school.

Yeji typically rolls her eyes, "sure. Why else would Choi Yeonjun talk to a girl?"

The lad dig his eyebrows at her words. "Is that supposed to be a compliment or —"

"Its a compliment." she turn around and faced him with a typical look that explains how difficult Hwang Yeji can be. "congratulations, Yeonjun-ssi. But... its difficult for beginners like you to start a dance with someone like me. Can you do it?" and like that strides away.

Hyunjin pops up behind the latter. "Good luck, dude. That's all I can offer you on my part."

A formidable smirk spread on his face as Yeonjun follows Hyunjin, to sit with him of course. Everyone in Ace Academy might be stuck on the idea that anyone with a Hwang as a surname is difficult cause that's what's the cousin are. Difficult in their field.

"I'll just have to learn"

~ • ~ • ~ • ~