chapter - 8: only you can help pt. 1

~ • ~ • ~ • ~

".... Jeon Heejin."

Lia gasped as if she had seen a ghost. Soobin stops in his feet, his brows furrowed at her reaction.

"You okay?"

She was pale, scared and horrified. Lia couldn't think straight anymore, her legs slowly dragged backwards at her subconscious. She thought the nightmares were gone, but everything seems to have returned at the moment. Memories of her insufferable past flooded her mind, memories of Heejin and the other side of her.

Soobin place the books down at a random desk since they've reached the laboratory. She looks sick and he was growing worried.

"Lia, are you okay?"

"I.... I have to go," she manages to blurt out.

"What's wrong?" He was regretting for ever bringing up the topic.

"Nothing!" and she replied almost too quickly. "I have to go. Thank you, Soobin."

She dashed out of the room leaving behind a confused Soobin. Lia sprung downstairs almost tripping in the process.

"You think I was gone, didn't you?"

No. Heejin wasn't whispering to her, just her subconscious playing mind games. Lia was definitely not hallucinating or hearing things anymore. She's gone past that phase. Now, she was just terrified.

Whilst she was dashing down the stairs, Lia fortunately crash upon Ryujin. They came down at the floor together.

"Hey! Watch it!!"

"I'm sorry." Lia apologised immediately but stun after seeing her.

Ryujin got up with a scowl but soon found the other girl staring at her. "What?"

"You're Shin Ryujin."

Ryujin rolled her eyes. "Yeah. But that doesn't mean I'm gonna bully you."

"No, of course not." Lia got up on her feet, behaving a bit weird. "You are Jeon Heejin's friend."

At the mention of the deceased dame's name, Ryujin quickly perks her ears. "What do you know about Heejin?"

"They said you threaten her and in the process she killed herself but I know better you didn't."

Ryujin was baffled and confused at the sudden change of Lia. The sweet, timid class president is now acting like a wacko. Almost as if she's bipolar or something.

"What are you on about?"

It caught her off guard when Lia desperately reach for her hands and clasp them between her own.

"You have to help me. I'll tell you everything but you have to help me get away from Jeon Heejin!" Lia pleaded.

Ryujin studies the horrified girl before her, "w-what?"

~ • ~ • ~ • ~

Chaeryeong closed her eyes as she lets the younger girl strangle her almost to her death. Yuna was ecstatic and behaving childish as she clungs onto the older.

"Unnie, please!!!"

Since school has now ended and Yuna wanted to spend some time with the older, since they aren't in the same class and hardly see each other. Yuna suggested going to a new restaurant that just opened up.

"Ugh! Yuna-ah, you know I have very important homeworks."

"Unnie, just this once. You never spend time with me these days. Unnie, are you bored of me?" whines the younger.