chapter - 4: tell me about yourself pt. 2

~ • ~ • ~ • ~

"So," Yeonjun began, "I wonder what brings class president with you two?"

"She's part of our club. Photography club," answers Beomgyu.

Yeonjun nods, he mixes his noodles with the sauce untill he caught Soobin cheekily helping class president with hers. He places his sticks down. "So Soobin... "

"Erm?"

"Tell me more about this club of yours. You see I haven't decided on what club to join yet."

"We don't take anymore newcomers."

Beomgyu literally freeze, "but hyung- "

"I said we don't take in newcomers." Soobin made himself clear.

Lia flinched, what is his problem she asks. "Soobin-ssi, are you acquainted with Yeonjun-ssi over here?"

Yeonjun chuckles, "drop the formal, princess. We're all in the same class. And yes, Soobin and I go way back. Right, bud?"

Soobin didn't answer, just continue munching his noodles. So Yeonjun took it to his own account to continue the conversation.

"Anyways, that was all in the past. Lia, let's talk about you. How come I've never come across you for the last years and now... we seem to cross paths here and there."

"Because you finally opened your eyes after all these years," she answered nonchalantly staring straight at his eyes.

Soobin sat between their little eye to eye infrontu. He suddenly clears his throat, "the noddles getting soggy."

Beomgyu had already finish his. He smiles warily, "you guys won't mind if I go for another round, right? I'm gonna get some ice-cream."

He slips off and left the trio to their own little worlds.

"For your information, Lia... I've opened my eyes since last year." Yeonjun said poking his now soggy noodles. "It's just you didn't open yours."

Lia scowls. Is he just playing with her or he's just serious? "What?"

"Nine months ago... autumn... after that incident happened. Remember?"

It took a moment for her to remember, and when she did, it was a pleasant surprise.

Nine months ago:

"Is that her? The girl who tried to jump from the roof"

"Yeah. I hear she's just a first year."

"It's a pity a pretty face like hers could do such a thing."

"Ya. Be quiet. She might hear."

Your first year in a new school, lots of new faces you began to familiarise with, names you try to remember and moments to spend. They all seem to have gone to waste for Lia. Everyone was now detesting her for her poor faith. Some pitied her of course but, just a few.

"If they would only ask why I did that," she thought as she beared all the gossips and whispers. They'll fade.

At lunch, Lia made it a habit to visit the rooftop. The same rooftop she tried to jumped off from. Some would be traumatised or embarrassed but she wasn't. The rooftop was a reminder of how lost she felt and miserable she thought she was. It was her haven which seemed utmost ridiculous. If the teachers saw her she could be in trouble but no one comes to the rooftop anyways.

After spending sometime at the rooftop, Lia was just on her way down and passing by the science laboratory when she clashes upon a boy. The boy had pretty features and she knew who he was, but at the moment he looked displeased at her. For bumping at him actually.